CHAPTER 42

The police patrols are back at the police station, have a quick briefing over the notes to check that the two police officers who are going to take the notes to Dragon really understand each message. Then they go to Dragon, tell him the injured parties' messages and then pass him the notes. He checks them.

Meanwhile Santa has dozed off, so Dragon's assistant has to wake him up. After that Dragon opens his mouth and breathes fire up in the air. Then, with a grim look on his face, he says.

'With a great grievance and with a heavy burden on my shoulders, I have to ask you these questions,

'Santa, can they go shopping there? And do you have Alipay there?' '

Santa seems to have trouble hearing, so he says, 'What did you say? Ali to pay? Who?'

So Dragon repeats s l o w l y,

''Do you have A-l-i-P-a-y? And

do you have any malls there?'

And I must add this,

'How you answer these questions is crucial for settling the dispute

between Wolverine and the injured parties, once and for all.''

Santa answers, 'We have WeChat pay too' and grins.

So you heard me even the first time I mentioned Alipay.

Got you, didn't I! And you almost managed to trick me the second time.

So, are we even now?

Yes, we are more than even, we are nicely amused by each other's company.

Jolly good, my fellow, jolly good.

Wolverine still looks a bit puzzled but Santa's team members have understood the outcome of the negotiation. They turn to Santa and ask,

'Shall we deliver the business cards on Santa Claus' Village now?'

Why not! Go ahead.

Wolverine looks askance at his friends but they just smile at him in a friendly fashion.

Then Dragon asks all of them, his team and the rescue team, even Wolverine, to get closer to each other because it is time to take photos. Fox passes the digital camera to Magpie, who asks a passerby to take photos of them all.

After having the photos taken and the farewells bidden, Santa goes to Wolverine and says,

'My dear little fellow, let's go home!'

Shortie or Ccookie?

Get to know the importance of drama in Chinese life through Ccookie 5.