CHAPTER 29

Wolverine hears some humming noise in the distance and wonders what it is. A couple of minutes later the humming becomes stronger. He sees something is approaching him from above.

He hears another kind of sounds, booms, much further in the distance. It's getting quite dark although it is only afternoon now. There are more and more clouds in the sky. The phenomenon follows a certain pattern: there is something that illuminates the dark sky and some time later there is a boom, first a weak one but the brighter the light gets the stronger the boom grows.

Then he hears yet another kind of sounds coming closer towards him. It sounds like somebody or something flaps and then stops and flaps again and stops again.

What makes Wolverine even more restless is the sounds in yet another direction. Something or someone is rushing through the thickets down the hillside. Then whatever it is starts barking.

Wolverine turns around quickly, flexes his muscles and is ready to charge but relaxes a bit when he sees these three unfamiliar sources of noise, the hummer, the flapper and the barker, are some distance away from him, not too close to him.

Then he sees something very big and striped moving silently in the thicket quite near above him towards the commotion a bit further uphill.

He remembers his dream of himself, a bear and a pack of wolves. Both the bear and the wolves were coming towards him. Thinking of this he feels more and more uncomfortable, turns quickly around in several directions to check if there is more to come.

Monkey checks the screen to see what feed there is from Dragon and says to the police officers, 'I think we have found the target!'