Chapter 12

Grace's POV:

It was now Friday and school had just finished and I was now on my way out to the football field with Alison and Nora since Nora had cheer practice and Alison decided to keep me company.

"So do you have to go to all of the team's practices?" Nora asked me as the three of us walked down the corridor towards the gym department.

"I asked Mr C and he said as long as I attend at least one of their practices a week I should be fine." I reply as we reach the changing rooms.

"That's not too bad then, well I'll see you guys out there." Nora said as she disappeared into the girls changing room followed by a few other girls on the cheer team.

"So do you know how long their practice lasts?" Alison asks me as we pushed our way past a group of boys in football gear.

"I'm not sure, I asked Lucas but he said it usually varies depending on how well the practice is going." I say earning a nod from her. "Thanks again for deciding to stay and keep me company, I know how much you dislike the football team."

"It's no problem. I don't have much else to do I would of just headed home to put on my PJ's to spend the rest of the day locked away in my room watching crime documentaries while snacking on junk food that my parents have no idea I have a secret stash of." She said making me chuckle at the thought of Alison keeping a secret stash of food from her parents.

"Sounds like an ideal afternoon to me." I reply, laughing to myself as I watch a boy from the football team bump into Alison causing her to glare at him in response.

"Also I don't hate the football team I just don't like how the whole school treats them like royalty and how some of them get away with murder... not literally but you know what I mean." Alison said as we approached the bleachers falling silent, but I knew she wanted to say more. "I actually used to be rea-" she started but was quickly interrupted by a familiar voice from behind us.

"What are you doing here new girl?" I turned around to see Matthew smirking down at us. "Couldn't get enough of me?"

"I'm not here for you, I'm here to photograph the football team." I replied back finding it difficult to hold eye contact with him. "I'm surprised Logan or Lucas didn't tell you." Genuinely surprised but then again I knew Logan wouldn't say anything about me as he has some sort of unknown hatred towards me.

He shrugged his shoulders in reply. "Well I'm glad your our photographer, gets to mean we'll be spending a lot more time together." He said, a cheeky grin falling on his face making me roll my eyes which earned a low chuckle from him.

A group of boys come bundling out onto the field with roaring laughter causing Matthew to glance over to them while shaking his head.

"Well I best get going, don't want to keep my team waiting." He said turning back towards me, sending a small nod towards Alison as if just realising she was standing beside me. "Remember to get my good side in those pics new girl." He said sending me a wink before running over to the rest of his team.

"Remember to get my good side in those pics new girl." Alison mimicked in a deep voice making me burst out laughing. "He totally likes you." She said in a more serious tone.

"No he doesn't he barely knows me and he seems like a player." I say kind of shocked by Alison's previous statement.

"He's actually not I think I've only ever seen him with one girlfriend before." She replies and I just hum in response. There's no way someone with such a high popularity status would be interested in someone like me. Especially not when he finds out I'm just a foster child.