Chapter 1: New York

September. The month our life's start to follow the usual schedule again. The month our dancing in the rain stops and takes place for hard work, succeeding in dreams and loving the little things.

Living in Stars Hollow always has been an adventure. How can a small town be fun, you may ask? Well, here is a question for you: how can a small town be boring?

It is a lot different from living in New York, but three years ago I had left the big city to take some time for myself. Taking time to find out what I want to do with my life.

I grew up being a professional dancer, forced by my parents. Standing in the spotlight, doing interviews, barely having time for the few friends I had.

Back then, I thought this was what I wanted to do with my life, until one night, a few years ago, I sat in my bedroom, staring out of my window and admiring the city lights.

A boy climbed the stairs at the side of the building I lived in, only to sit down and read a book a few steps beneath me. I remember staring at him for a while, asking myself why he would sit in the cold.

I wasn't allowed to go outside, but who cared? My parents always were too busy to notice me. That was the way I lived. Alone.

I open my window and climb out of it, not being noticed by the mysterious boy in front of me. His head stuck in his book.

'It's cold outside', I say when he finally looks up giving me a chance to look at his face. Brown eyes, dark hair, a little tense look.

'I'm Madelaine Scott', I introduce myself. 'Jess', he answers shortly. I glare at him, truly interested in anything else he has to say. 'Mariano,' he adds when he sees I won't give up. I figure out soon enough he isn't much of a talker, but neither am I, only in front of people I love.

'Why are you sitting in the cold?', I wonder when I take place a few steps lower. 'Haven't your parents told you it's dangerous to talk with strangers?' He mocks me. 'I'm not afraid', I assure him and a vague smile appears on his face.

'William Shakespeare?' I ask, pointing at his book. 'You've read it?

'No, if I had the time I would though'. He keeps staring at me with that intense look in his eyes. Observing me until I get a little uncomfortable. 'You are that dancer', he says after a while.

'I guess'. 'I have seen you on television, you're pretty good'.

'It takes a lot of effort', I admit. 'You don't seem happy about that', Jess notices when I look around at the city. 'My parents want me to do this'.

'Ah', he sighs and stands up to point his book at me. 'Read it when you have time'.

'I have auditions, I won't be back in two weeks', I explain, not willing to take his book. 'I'm sure you can take care of this book, I've already read it six times though', he remarks, smirking a little.

After doubting for a few seconds I take his book, giving him a brief smile. 'Now, let's see if my mother has unlocked the window to let me in', he sighs.

'What?'

'Nothing to worry about', he down at me, the look in his eyes telling me he has been through a lot. 'You'll be here when I come back?' I ask before he runs downstairs.

'Of course. You have my book', he winks before turning around and leaves me alone in the dark night.

Little did I know I met my soulmate.

____

Instagram: chelseyy_laura