Chapter 8: Our First Goodbye

In the few months I got to know Jess, my life has changed completely. I quit my career, went back to my public school and became a typical liar. Life was great. At least until the moment I got caught for my lies. After that... life became a pretty mess.

I stare out of my bedroom window, not able to tell if the raindrops on my window or my tears run faster. My parents had been furious when they found out I had quit dancing. All the lies have been for nothing.

All I can hear right now are their voices, screaming one for one about what they will do to me. My father has already decided though. I won't see Jess anymore after tomorrow. They are sending me away.

Once a shadow walks up the stairs outside of my window I open it quietly. Not wanting to get more trouble. I'm not blaming Jess for starting the fight, he only stood up for me. I have found someone I love and that will all be gone in a few hours.

Jess climbs through my window, taking of his wet jacket before kissing me softly. His black-eye is already healing, but it still doesn't look better.

'They are mad', Jess notices when he looks in the hallway, focusing on the sound of the screaming. 'Jess, I have to tell you something', I take his hands in mine, another tear running down my face when I look in his eyes.

He sits a little uncomfortable when I don't speak, but I'm not sure how to tell him the truth. 'Maddy....'

'They are sending me away', I say quick, trying to ease the pain. It doesn't work. 'They can't!' He stands up furious, talking way too loud. 'Jess, please don't make this worse. I can't change their minds. I tried', I assure him and take on of his hands again.

'I'll never see you again', he hisses. 'That is not true', I try to calm both him and myself but I know I am lying. We are only fourteen, it will at least take four years to ever see him again. I drag him along to my window seat. Trying to find comfort in his eyes.

'If I hadn't start that fight... ' 'Then they still would've found out. You've always been right about that'. We sit in silence for a moment, both our feelings confused for what will happen next.

'Are they sending you back to Paris?' He asks after a while. I shake my head slightly. 'They decided not to force me in a career I don't want too', I explain. 'They are sending me to Stars Hollow', I whisper.

A vague smile appears on his face but I can't laugh about this. Stars Hollow is a weird old town in my opinion. Everyone knows everyone and it scares me a lot.

'Are you serious?' He asks when I don't laugh with him. 'We have a house there. The school is rather average so they are sending me to Chilton in Hartford', I explain.

'I have an uncle in Stars Hollow. He has a diner I believe', Jess notices. 'What is it called?'

'I'm not sure but his name is Luke Danes. Maybe if you need some work he can help you'. I nod a little, not understanding how my life has changed this quickly. Not even sure if I like this.

'I don't want to think about this', I say when I hear something break downstairs, another rage of screaming starting. Jess looks outside, raising one of his eyebrows as usual when he has a plan.

'What?' I ask concerned. 'Let's spend our last hours together. Come with me', he whispers when climbing out of the window and I take his hand after one last scream of downstairs.

We danced in the rain that night, we sang the most annoying songs and laughed as loud as we could. Climbing roofs, running down the streets, hiding from the cops.

'I love you', he whispers, the rain pouring down on us. I lean forward and we kiss, his hands around my waist, pulling me closer with every second. That night must have been the most wonderful of my life.

It had been two years, I barely had heard anything from him after we said goodbye. But how would I know our paths would cross again?

____

Instagram: chelseyy_laura