Chapter 2: The Past

Two weeks later, the mysterious boy knocks on my window, waiting for me to come outside.

'I've read it', I say proud and hand him his book. 'What did you think?'. 'I think I should borrow more books from you', I answer, climbing outside.

We sit in silence for a while, enjoying the warmth of the sun on our faces. 'What did you audition for?'

'A role in a movie. I didn't get it but that isn't really bothering me', I admit, laughing about my own stupidity.

'Ever considered quitting dancing?' He asks with a smirk. 'My parents would kill me'. 'That doesn't sound good', he says, laughing a little.

'Sometimes being famous is hard. You are the only one who treats me as a normal person', I admit after a while. I feel his gaze on me, my cheeks turning red from embarrassment. Why am I this honest with him?

'How do they threat you?', he asks after a moment. I sigh deep, browsing through all the conversations in my head. 'As if I'm the most perfect person on earth, as if I can't do something wrong. I hate it.'

'Everyone makes mistakes', he sighs, playing with a cigarette between his fingers. 'What are yours?' I ask curious. He looks me in the eyes, a smile playing on his face when he decides whether to tell me or not to tell me.

'I have a lot of wrong friends. I do stupid things, get in trouble'. 'What did you do?' I ask again. 'Well, once a friend and I, stole the car from one of our teachers.' I look up at him in surprise, not expecting this from the calm boy next to me.

'You're a rebel', I tease him. He shakes his head slowly, laughing about my comment. 'Are you going back to school?' he asks all of a sudden. 'You know where I go to school?' I ask suspiciously.

'Well, we kind of go to the same school, if you haven't noticed', he laughs about my stunned reaction. How have I never noticed him before?

'I'll go back to school next week', I assure him. 'Good, finally a fun person to hang out with', he smiles down at his book. It's that moment, I realise how much I like to hang out with Jess. Being with him makes me forget all the bad things in my life, all the struggles, the stress. He makes it all go away.

'Jess!' A voice below us screams through the street. 'Liz', he sighs and gets up slowly.

'Liz?' I repeat. He turns around with a smirk on his face.

'My mother, don't you worry Madelaine, you're the only girl on my mind', he says soft before running down the stairs.

____

Instagram: chelseyy_laura