Prologue

"I think I like her." The words slipped from my mouth before I could stop them. My friends would kill me for not telling them before Margaret. I mean, she knew all my secrets but before her, I would always tell the boys.

"Don't even think about it." She replied.

"Excuse me? Are you talking to me?" I asked crossing my hands over my chest.

"She's not your type, Harry." She said.

"What do you mean 'not my type'?" I asked.

"I mean, you like those tall, skinny, arrogant, cheerleader type of girls. She's very different from them." She said.

"Who said I like those cheerleaders? Because I never did. Are you saying that you believe the rumours now?" I asked in disappointment.

"Because you always hang out with them." She tried to defend her point.

"Just because I hang out with them doesn't mean I like them and they are 'my type'." I made my point.

She collected her books from the locker and slammed it shut. She gave me a strange look before walking away.

"Looks like someone got out of the wrong side of the bed today." I called out after her.

Realising I was getting late for my least favourite class, I ran out of the corridor and towards my class where I was greeted with taunts by my BELOVED teacher Mr. Simpson.