Chapter 28

Elise

As I entered the cafe, I looked up at the wall clock and realised that I was late.

"Got late?" Mavis said as I seated myself in front of her in the room.

"Yeah, sorry." I apologised.

"It's okay." She told me.

"So, what are we going to learn today?" I asked excitedly.

Since yesterday, I had started feeling less nervous and more excited about my training.

"I'm going to teach you on how to control the winds." She said.

During training, I learnt how to summon the air in the room and how to control it. At first, it was really difficult as nothing would happen. But then, it happened. Cool breeze would start blowing around the room as I solely focused on the air around me with determination in my head. Mavis told me that my powers and control, both were weak and I could only summon the air to make gentle winds.

As the training ended, I felt really weak, so, I made my way towards the counter to order black coffee. Sipping on it, I felt energy and strength pour into my body and I was ready for work. Knowing Harry was not going to come pick me up, I booked an Uber and got to the coffee shop myself.

---

It was 7:00 PM when Daisy entered in the coffee shop. The game would start at 8:00 PM so we decided to go to my house first.

Once home, I took a shower and got dressed for tonight. I wore my favourite mustard coloured hoodie with the words 'Honey' on it to match the colour of the jerseys of our school team. I applied some mascara on my lashes and my favourite fruity lip balm. Letting my hair fall in waves, I pulled my hoodie over my head and left the house.

We arrived at the game field. The game was about to start and we saw all the boys of our school's team standing near the outdoor benches for spectators. I spotted him and he signalled us to come sit on the second bench. We made our way towards the benches and greeted them all.

"We saved a spot for you guys." Harry said to us.

"Especially for you." He whispered in my ear as I sat down on the bench and smiled up at him.

The coach blew the whistle.

"Good luck." I said to all of them. 

As they all were walking towards the field, Harry turned around to look at me. I gave him a thumbs-up while he smiled and walked over to where the coach was standing.

The game had started. 

The boys were playing really well and I was impressed. I used to play sports but not that much as I was not too interested in it. Our team had already made three goals when Harry tried to make another one but instead he fell harshly on the ground and his foot twisted. The spectators gasped as I immediately got up from my spot. 

The coach and other boys ran up to him to check if he was okay while I stayed at my spot as we were not allowed to go into the field. Tension filled in my body while the boys helped him get up. They walked him over towards us and made him sit on the first bench in front of us and the game continued without him.

I got up and sat on the first bench.

"Hey, are you okay?" I whispered softly.

"I'm fine." He said in anger with his eyebrows knitted together.

I lightly placed my hand on his injured foot that was stretched out beside me. I did not know what I did but I felt something flowing out from my hand into his foot. He looked up at me in confusion while I focused on his foot. Suddenly, I started feeling dizzy. I could hear the spectators 'oh' as the other team made a goal.