Chapter 14

Elise

I had the same dream last night- the gyspie-hippie lady telling me I had special powers. My mom told me that what you think of before going to sleep, you dream about that thing. I have been thinking a lot lately. Maybe, the dreams were a result of me overthinking about the incidents.

Still feeling weak and dizzy, I woke up, took a shower and got dressed for school. I had my hoodie pulled over my head and avoided making eye contact with anyone as I was not in the mood to explain where I was to someone who would come up to me and ask about as to why I did not come to school yesterday.

I stopped near my locker to grab my books when I felt someone standing behind me.

"Hey." His deep voice made the hair on my arms stand on edge.

I turned around to look into his jade eyes. 

"Hi." I smiled ignoring the butterflies in my stomach.

"How are you?" He asked being worried about me.

"I'm absolutely fine." I replied.

"You don't look fine." He said.

"What do you mean? Do I look ugly?" I asked being sarcastic. 

Summer once told me that whenever I had fever I would become even more sarcastic and cheeky.

"No, you never look ugly. You just look tired." He replied.

"Do you still have fever?" He asked and brought his hand forward to touch my forehead.

Suddenly, my body slacked, slipped and hit against the locker but before I could fall, Harry's strong arms held me tightly. Energy poured into me and I could feel my body coming under control as my eyes opened to find him staring back at me.

"Woah, there. You okay?" He asked

I could not speak but stare into his eyes which were full of concern for me.

"Yeah." I said slowly. 

My mind could not process what just happened to me. But I have noticed that every time he touched me, I would feel electricity run through my veins or energy pour into my body, which was really weird and overwhelming.

---

Not paying attention to the lecture in bio class, I kept rocking my chair and rocked it too hard that for a moment it felt like I would fall. I gasped loudly.

"Oh my God! I'm going to die." I said.

Just then Harry held my chair and brought it back in place with a jerk. I leaned forward on my desk and then turned my face to look at him, bursting out in laughter while he did the same.

"Oh my, I was going to die but you saved me." I laughed and put my head down on my desk. 

Harry was laughing too. I could not stop laughing and tears came as my face turned red. It always happened. Whenever I laughed too hard, tears would come out  making it look like I was crying.

"What's so funny Mr.Styles? Would you care to share with us so we all can laugh with you." I heard Mrs.Hudson taunt Harry. 

I lifted my head up to look at her.

"Oh my, Elise. What happened?" She asked immediately forgetting about Harry.

"I don't feel so good, Mrs.Hudson. Can you please tell someone to take me to the nurse." I lied. 

I was trying to save Harry from the humiliation which was going to be caused by Mrs.Hudson.

"Yes, sure. Mr.Styles, can you take Miss Park to the nurse's office?" She asked Harry who was shocked to see me in tears.

"Yes." He immediately got up and helped me get up too. 

He escorted me out of the class while I held my stomach pretending to be sick. As soon as we were out of the corridor in which our class was situated, I stopped in my track. 

"What happened?" He asked and I burst out laughing.

"Why are you laughing?" He asked, confused and worried at the same time.

"Because I'm not sick. I'm totally fine, Harry." I told him.

"But you said you were not feeling good." He said innocently.

"I lied, Harry." I told him

"Why?" He asked still confused.

"To save you from being humiliated by her in front of the whole class." I said.

"What?" He started laughing.

"You did that to save me." He said.

"You saved me from falling from my chair and I saved you from humiliation. Now we are even." I told him.

He shook his head smiling at me.

"Let's go sit outside." I told him and we walked outside.