Chapter 32

Elise

Trees and bushes blew past me as I ran. Ran for my life because a man was chasing after me with a dagger in his hand. I turned around to look for his face but could not see it as it was shadowed.

"Oh no, not you again." I said as I ran.

"Why the hell am I even running?" I stopped trying to catch my breath.

He stopped behind me.

"Guess what? You can't kill me. It's a dream." I faced him.

He tilted his head towards his right.

"I don't know what type of obsession you have with me or what brings you here every night."  I kept speaking even though I felt stupid for talking to him.

"Are you in love with me? Because if you are, let me tell you, I have a boyfriend. So please, leave me alone."  I shouted at him.

He laughed deeply.

"A boyfriend?" Hearing his voice caused goosebumps to appear on my skin
It felt strange, somewhat, familiar.

"Oh, so he speaks." I tried to keep a cool attitude.

"Why do you want to kill me?" I asked raising my hands in a questioning way.

"Because you need to be stopped." He replied in a strange accent.

"Stopped from what? Breathing? Am I consuming too much oxygen now?"  I replied totally pissed off.

He did not reply, instead, he started to walk towards me. As he raised his hand to stab me I shut my eyes tightly and tried to wake up. I succeeded.

Looking up at the ceiling, I was breathing heavily and sweating intensely as if I just ran in a marathon. Why do I keep having the same dream? It does not even make any sense. Why would someone want to kill me? I was pulled out of my long train of thoughts as my alarm went off. It was time to get up and go to school.

---

"Ugh!! Why does she keep assigning us with projects and home works?" I said totally frustrated.

Mrs. Hudson had assigned us with another project work. That woman was obsessed with assigning projects to students and making their lives even more miserable.

"Maybe, because she wants Harry and Elise to spend some more time together." Harry smirked.

"Maybe, she wants Elise to do all the work while Harry just sits and stares at Elise's face." I replied cockily.

"Ouch. I'm hurt." He said gesturing his hand towards his chest.

"Really? Maybe you'll hurt less if you make yourself useful." I kept taunting him.

"Okay. I was already planning on doing this project by myself as I want you to rest." He replied.

"No. We'll do it together." I told him.

"At my place." He told me.

"Not today. Today, it'll be my place." I told him.

"Really? So, you're finally taking me home to your mother?" He asked excitedly.

"You've already met my parents." I told him.

"Yeah, I did. It was uh... nice meeting your dad." He scratched the back of his head.

"I don't think he'll be home." I reassured him that he would not have to interact with my dad again.

---

We pulled up in front of my house. I got out of the car with all the stuff we needed for our project. As Harry pushed the door bell button, the door was opened up by none other than my dad.

"Hi... Dad." I greeted him.

"Hi honey." He smiled widely. Then he looked at Harry who stood next to me.

"Styles. I see how you are treating my daughter." He said in a sarcastic tone.

"Mr.Park. Nice to see you again. Yes, I'm treating your daughter really well as I like her a lot." He said and I could feel my cheeks getting red.

"Yeah? That's why you made her carry all this stuff." He pointed towards the stuff I was holding.

"What? Oh no-"

"I insisted on carrying it myself, Dad." I defended him.

"Give it to me, I'll take it to your room." He said while glaring at Harry.

"Oh no, I'll take it to her room. Give it to me, Elise." Harry said taking everything from my hand.

"And why would you go to 'her' room?" My dad inquired.

"We are here to do our project work which Mrs. Hudson assigned us with."  I told him.

"Yes." Harry added.

"Okay. I'm leaving for work. You guys go inside and good luck for your project work." He said giving a death stare to Harry while he kissed my forehead.

"Bye dad." I said and both of us ran inside the house

"Phew." I heard Harry say.

"What are you guys doing here?" My mom showed up in front of us

"Hi, Mrs Park." Harry greeted.

"Hi mom. We are here to do our project work. Now if you'll excuse us." I grabbed Harry by his arm. "We would like to go to my room and finish this as soon as possible." I said and pulled Harry along with me up the stairs.

As soon as we were in my room, I breathed a sigh of relief. Harry started placing all the things on the floor in front of my bed. 

"Your room is nice." He said looking around.

"Thanks." I said.

"Now, if you are done looking around. Shall we get started?" I asked him.

"Sure." He said.

About two hours later, we were done with our project and my room was a mess. There was leftover thermocol sheet, paint stains on the floor, cotton and paper cutouts lying around which I had to clean up. 

We made a silhouette of a human out of the thermocol sheet on which we drew, painted and labelled all the endocrine glands in a human body. My back and butt both were hurting due to sitting on the floor and leaning over for two hours straight. 

Harry had helped a lot with this work, except for the fact that he was continuously trying to paint my face and kept distracting me by tickling my ear with a paint brush, for which, I slapped his arm.

"Harry, I swear to God, you try to do this one more-"

He picked the paint brush and started painting my nose with pink paint. Then he brought his face closer and rubbed his nose with mine. I slapped his cheek lightly and we both burst into laughter.

"Stop it!" I told him while he laughed hysterically.

I looked at the time and realised that I had missed the training with Mavis. Low key I was happy about it because for once in a while, I was a normal girl who have had spent the day with her boyfriend goofing around instead of playing around with magic.Harry insisted on helping me clean up my room and after that he had dropped me off to work.