Chapter 13

Elise

It was 7:00 PM. I was at work waiting for someone. Someone, I could not remember. But I was waiting. 

Just then a woman entered the shop and I immediately recognised her. Even though I did not know who she was but I recognised her like I have seen her somewhere. Like I have encountered her before. 

"You again?" I said and the lady smiled. I could see her eyes glowing a faint golden from under her sunglasses.

"What do you want?" I asked and she kept smiling at me.

"I'll call the police if you don't leave right now." I said but instead of being scared and just go away she walked right up to me. 

"Help-" I tried to scream but she stopped me.

"You are special." She said to me.

"No offence but I think you are high on something." I told her and she smiled.

"I do not have any intoxicant in my blood. I'm totally fresh and sober." She told me.

"You hold powers that you do not know off, yet." There's the whole 'you have powers and strength' talk again. 

It felt like I've heard this before, from her.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Don't be scared of me, Elise. You are special and powerful." She said again.

"What do you mean? " I screamed at her as my head started to hurt and my body temperature rose.

"It's a gift, Elise. You were born with it. This is happening after a long time. They will sense you and deceive you. Be wise, Elise."  She told me again.

Just then someone else entered the coffee shop. His face hidden under the shadow of his hoodie. I could not recognise who he was but my instincts told me that he was the one I was waiting for.

"Elise." He said my name in his deep voice and I recognised him.

"Harry." I responded and just then I felt every thing fading away as I came back to reality.

I woke up with a heavy head and high body temperature. My body was hurting badly and I could not move a muscle. 

It was just a dream. I told myself. 

Slowly turning to my side, I winced with pain as I looked at the time on the clock on my nightstand. It was 7:00 AM. I had to get ready for school but I could not move. Now you see, I have this problem where sometimes when going to sleep I am totally fine but when I wake up, I have high fever and excruciating body pain. Warm tears rolled down the sides of my eyes as I laid in bed not being able to move. I was waiting for my mom to come in and ask why I have not gotten out of bed. 

Just then, there was a knock at the door. I tried to respond but even opening my mouth to say something hurt badly. There was another knock and then she came in.

"Why are you not out of bed yet?" She asked me. 

More tears came out of my eyes.

"Oh my god! Why are you crying? Is everything okay?" She asked worriedly. 

I tried to speak but my voice was completely choked. She placed her hand on my forehead and then immediately pulled it away like a reflex action.

"Oh my, Elise your body is on fire." She said metaphorically. 

"That means no school today?" She asked me. 

"I have to go." I was surprised at how my voice came back.