Chapter 33

Elise

Time went by as I was doing my shift when a familiar figure entered the shop. His brunette hair settled in spikes and waves on his head while his eyes, the exact colour of his hair, searched for something in the shop. As his eyes rested on me, he clenched his sharp jaw while his perfect smile made my legs shiver with a strange fear. 

"It's nice to see you again." He spoke in his American accent.

"H-hi." I tried to put up a smile. 

"You don't seem to remember me? Do you, Elise?" His voice brought back a familiar sensation of chills and fear.

I could not speak. My tongue went numb, in fact my whole body did. 

"Do you even remember my name?" He asked giving me a smug look.

"Cameron. Cameron Dallas. Pleasure to see you." I spurted out bluffing.

The first time I met him, I was not terrified of him like I had been this time. I felt something strange the first time he entered the shop, but today, it felt like my legs were shivering and aching from running too long just by seeing his face.

"What would you like to have?" I asked trying to get this meeting over with.

"You." He smirked.

My heart was thumping loudly in my chest and it felt as if it would jump out of my throat any moment now.

"What?" I asked totally confused.

"I mean, if you could hang out with me sometimes?" He asked , boasting with confidence.

"No." I straight up rejected his offer.

"Why not?" He spoke clenching his jaw.

"I have a boyfriend." I replied straight forwardly.

"A boyfriend?" He tilted his head towards his right.

Immediately, something started clicking and tapping inside my brain as if it wanted me to allow it to show me. Then a vision flashed in front of my eyes. 

"A boyfriend?" Hearing his voice caused goosebumps to appear on my skin.
It felt strange, somewhat, familiar.

"Oh, so he speaks." I tried to keep a cool attitude.

How can it be? Was he the shadowed figure from my dreams?

"Does your boyfriend know who you are?" 

His question left me speechless. Only my parents, Harry and Mavis actually knew that I was a witch. How did he get to know? Was he a witch too? Or was he something else?

"What do you mean?" I asked out of curiosity even though my knees were threatening to fail me.

"How would your boyfriend know when even you don't know who you are." He laughed deeply.

"Who are you?" I asked breathing heavily.

"Cameron. Cameron Dallas." He replied smugly.

"See, you later, Elise." He winked and left the shop.

I collapsed on the floor trying to catch my breath. What did he mean by saying that even I do not know who I am? I was terrified and my whole body started shaking as a tear escaped my eye. I sat there pulling my shivering knees to my chest, crying silently for a good five minutes when I heard Harry's voice.

"Elise?" He was calling out to me.

I immediately wiped away my tears and got up. 

"Hey." I said smiling.

"What were you doing down there?" He asked curiously.

"I uh... I dropped something." I lied.

"El? Were you crying, my love?" 

Now, this question made my heart flutter and break at the same time as, one, he had, just right now, given me a nickname 'El', two, he called me 'my love' which he has never done before  and three, his voice was breaking on seeing me like this. One after another, tears started streaming down my face. I was frightened and wanted him to hold me and comfort me. I needed strength which I got from him. 

About ten minutes later, I was sitting in his car, crying in his chest while his arms were wrapped around me. He kept soothing out my hair and did not say a word. I cried until I let it all out and then pulled back. He gently wiped away my tears and I could see the sad in his eyes.

"Feeling better?" He asked.

"Yeah, a little bit." I replied.

"Do you want to tell me what happened?" He asked politely.

I nodded my head in a 'yes' and then proceeded to tell him from the beginning. I told him everything from when I first met Cameron and started having nightmares til today. I even apologised for lying to him and not telling him everything but he totally understood me and told me that there was no need to say 'sorry'.

"Did you tell Mavis?" He questioned.

"No, I did not." I told him.

"You should tell her as you don't know who he was. Maybe, Mavis will help you find out?" He said.

"Yeah, I will discuss it with her." I reassured him even though I did not feel like discussing it with her anytime soon.

"I'm thinking of quitting this job I have been actually for a while for some reasons and now I think this gives me an excuse to make my final decision." I said.

"What excuse?" Harry asked curiously.

" If I leave this job, I guess, maybe he won't be able to get to me." I said.

"Yeah, maybe. Leave this job if you don't want to do it. Don't burden yourself okay love?" He said caressing my cheek and I could not help but smile at him.

"What?" He asked.

"I like it when you call me that." I said and he laughed.

"Let's get you home." He said kissing my cheek.