Chapter 22

Elise

I was frightened. How can I be a witch? Do I really have powers? God, I just wanted to be a normal girl. 

"Yes. A target." Mavis repeated.

"I do not understand anything." I said, tears threatening to come out of my eyes.

"Why do you think you are here? You are here because I'm here to explain everything to you and to guide you." She told me.

"Majority of the witches are learnt ones. They have learnt spells and trained to be a witch. But only a few are out there who are born with these powers. Many of them have learnt to control their powers and they have gained access to their full powers, which happens on the night of your eighteenth Halloween. This is what makes them special and more powerful then us, and also a target to the witch hunters. There are a lot of bad witches out there who do evil stuff. The witch hunters can sense them, and they hunt them down. To make sure that witches do not use their powers for evil, especially witches who are born with them, we are here to guide them, help them and show them the right path." She explained.

"How am I a target to the witch hunters when I haven't even used my powers?" I asked.

"You have, Elise. You do not know of your powers but you have used them unconsciously. You do not know how to control them that's why you use them without even knowing that they are in use and that's why you need to learn to control your powers." She told me.

"When did I use them?" I asked.

"Remember when I came to the coffee shop and acted like a crackhead woman? I was there to test you. To see if you are a witch? And to check that do you know how to control your powers? And as expected you turned out to be one who did not of her powers. When I was shaking you, I was provoking you to use your powers and you did. You used your power to push me off of you and threw me against the wall. Your powers got activated automatically but you felt some sensation inside you. Didn't you ?"  She asked and I nodded remembering the feeling that I felt, like a rocket taking off.

"When you were two years old, you started using your powers unconsciously. The witch hunters were in town and they could sense you. Your life was in danger, so, your parents took you to your mother's homeland, Turkey, where you stayed until five. Then, the Muslim ulemas over there started to sense your powers too, and as witchcraft being banned in their religion, they sent you away. Your parents brought you back here, as the witch hunters were gone and they felt like it would be safe for you here." She told me.

"That's why when I used to ask them why we came back? They would say things didn't work out there. They knew I was a witch and yet they kept it from me." I said remembering what my parents had told me.

"Yes. Because they wanted to keep you safe. They thought that if they won't tell you, you won't use your powers at all but little did they know that these powers do activate sometimes. " She replied.

"I just want to be a normal girl." I said coming out of my thoughts.

"Elise, witches are also normal human beings. You don't have to be scared." She told me.

"Normal? I have powers this is not normal." I said as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"You just need to control your powers, Elise." She said.

"And then what?" I asked wiping my tears with my free hand.

"Then you decide whether to use them for good or not use them at all." She replied.

"What if I don't want to use them. What if I just want to get rid of them?" I asked her.

"You cannot get rid of them but you can control them in order to never use them. But as long as you don't learn to take over, they might take over you." She said.

The Boy in Love With a WitchOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara