Chapter 01

The smell of different types of coffee filled my nostrils as my friends and I step inside the cafe which was located a few blocks away from our school. I have not been to this place for a long time because I was not a big fan of caffeine. But today, my friends and I decided to have a cup.

The place was not crammed with people, instead, there were only a few old citizens, sitting and enjoying their favourite drinks of caffeine at this time of the day. Mostly, students were headed to their favourite fast food shacks after school.

 We passed many empty booths, a few had people sitting in them, but we took the middle one at the very end of the long corridor of the shop.

As we made ourselves comfortable on the red couches, I noticed a girl sitting alone in one of the booths in our left row. She seemed to be of our age group and had brunette hair that fell in front of her chest covering it. She was wearing a mustard hoodie with the words 'Honey' on it, paired with light washed jeans and black Vans. She was reading a book named ' We were Liars' by E.Lockhart. 

"What would you guys like to have?" A girl standing in front of us asked.

 She had hazel brown eyes and blonde hair which were tied up in a tight ponytail. She looked at me and grinned from ear to ear. I smiled back at her, not in a flirty but gentle way. 

"We would like to have three cappuccinos, an espresso and a cafe mocha." Louis gave the order.

She jotted it down in her small notepad, gave me a smile and walked away swaying her hips. I breathed a sigh of relief. 

"She was trying to get Harry's attention." Liam said.

"Every girl does." Niall replied.

Being the most popular guy at school was not as exciting as you would think it was. Or at least, for me, it was really hard. Every girl would try to get my attention and I did not like it.

 I have been involved in a number of rumours lately, one of them was that I was dating Taylor Swift, the cheerleader, who I only once went on a date with just because she was begging me to hang out with her and I did not like refusing her for the third time she had asked. And this was not the only time I have been involved in a dating rumour, previously, I have been linked with a lot of girls at school who I only thought of as friends. I respected each and every woman and did not react to these rumours. I was viewed as a womanizer, which hurt me a lot because it was not true. 

She caught my eye again, the girl who was reading a book. She looked up and I saw a gorgeous pair of dark brown eyes.

 As she turned her face away to look out of the window the sun hit her eyes turning them a very pretty shade of coffee brown. The rays of the sun danced in her eyes and for a moment I felt mesmerised as if I was under some type of magic spell, that I could not take my eyes off from her.

"Harreh?" Louis pulled me out of the my long train of thoughts.

"Huh?"

"What's wrong? You look like you were in a deep thought." Niall said.

"Nothing, I'm fine." I replied and they went on talking about sports and stuff while I adjusted my gaze back to that girl.

 I have seen her somewhere, maybe, at school. Yeah, probably at school. 

Just then the girl who took our order came back with our drinks and placed them in front of us. She winked at me before walking away while Louis nudged my elbow with his and I smiled trying not to look off. 

As we talked about sports, games and school stuff my eyes kept going  back to that girl. Who was she? I did not know.

We finished our drinks and I footed the bill. Walking out of the cafe, I once again looked over my shoulder to see her, although, now I could only see half of her head from this angle. Then we walked out of the sweet, coffee smelling shop and into the fresh air.