Chapter 20

Elise

It was 7:00 PM. I was at work when a woman entered the coffee shop. It was her again. I recognised her.

She came up to me and spoke.

"Elise, you are special-"

"You hold powers and strength which you do not know  of, yet. You were born with it. You have abilities? Right?" I said casually as I had rote learnt the words.

She smiled warmly. Just then something clicked in my mind.

"Where can I find you?" I asked remembering what Thomas had told me.

"Three blocks away from here, in the 4th street, opposite to the antiques shop, is a Wiccan Cafe. You will find me there." She said and I repeated the address after her.

"Do I have to come alone?" I asked.

"No, you can bring your boyfriend with you." She replied.

"My boyfriend?" I asked confusedly.

"That curly-haired pretty boy." She replied and an image formed in my head.

Jade eyes, brown curls, plump lips, dimples-Harry.

"He's not my boyfriend." I told her.

"Not yet." She smirked at me.

"Hey, how did you come in my dreams? Are you a witch?"I asked.

"I do not have enough time to explain. If I don't go now, I'll be stuck in the oneiric realm. Find me and you shall have the answers to all of your questions." She said.

"I have to go, Bye Elise." She said and with that she walked out of the shop and disappeared.

I woke up sweating. My body temperature was high again but still I managed to take shower and got ready for school.

---

I searched for him in the hallways. Then I heard his deep voice coming from among the group of boys. Walking towards them, I hoped he would notice me and separate himself from the group. He did. As soon as he saw me he excused everyone and walked towards me. I picked up pace and stopped when I reached him.

"Hey." He smiled.

"I saw her." I said without any introduction.

"Who?" He asked not getting my cue.

"The woman." I whispered to him.

"Oh." He looked around to check if someone was listening to us.

 When he was sure no one was listening, he turned his attention to me.

"Where?" He asked.

"In my dreams." I raised my hands up but clenched my fists and dropped them again as a sign of controlling myself from snapping at him. Why was he acting so dumb?

"What did she-"

"ELISE!" He was cut off by my friend, Summer, who was coming towards us.

He signalled me to tell him later and I nodded my head.

"Hey Harry. What's up?" She asked him.

"Nothing. What about you?" He asked smiling.

"Oh no, nothing. Mind if I borrow her for like, the whole day?" She said and I was confused. 

Why did she want me with her for the whole day?

"Uh..." Harry looked at me thinking of an excuse.

"Calm down, lover boy. I'm not taking her away from you. She'll be with you in Bio class and maybe after school you can take her out on a date." She said and both of us blushed deeply.

"Okay." He said, his face cheeks crimson red and dimpled.

"Oh, so you will take her out on a date?" She was messing with him.

His whole face turned red and he could not come up with words to defend himself.

"Just messing with you. Damn, you really like her that much that it causes you, what do you call that term in biology when you see someone you like and your blood vessels dilate? Vasodilation." She said and I had to drag her away because she made him uncomfortable.

"What was that all about?" I asked her once he was out of sight.

"What? He likes you." She said casually.

"I know." I replied.

"Why don't you date him?" She asked and I remembered that I told him I would think about it.

I really liked him and wanted to date him. But I was just so confused as to why would a boy like him, who every girl was after, wanted to date me? Just a normal school student. I was not even pretty or slim or hot or sexy like other girls at school, instead, I was fat, had ugly dark circles and eyebrows. What did he see in me? He had chances with so many other girls yet here he had a crush on me? I trusted him and knew he would never hurt me. He was not lying about his feelings. But the question was 'Did I even deserve him?'.

"Because, I don't want a boyfriend at the moment. I need to focus on my studies." It was not a total lie. 

"Whatever, nerd. Now tell me how was lunch date with him?" and then I told her about our lunch date, leaving out the whole dream interpretation part.

In our break, somehow we managed to get away for sometime. Then I told him about the dream that I had.

"What was the address?" He asked.

"It was three blocks away from the coffee shop, I can't remember which street it was, opposite to an antiques store." I told him.

"4th street?" He asked.

"Yes yes. It was 4th street. How did you know that?" I asked.

"I have been to the antiques shop with my mum. I saw that cafe there. But I never payed attention to it." He replied.

"My mum loves antiques." He smiled at the ground.

"Oh, so you can take me there?" I asked.

"I'll come with you. Or can I? Did she say something about coming alone." He asked.

"No, she said I could bring my boyfriend." I mentally cursed at myself for saying this.

"Your boyfriend?" He raised his eyebrow.

"M-my boyfriend. Yes, she said I can bring my boyfriend but I said I don't have a boyfriend so she said you could bring your friend so you can come with me." I tried to cover up.

"Oh. okay. let's go. Our friends must be waiting for us." He said and with that we walked inside the cafeteria to where our friends sat.