Chapter 27

Elise

The whole school was buzzing for tonight. There were decorations all around the school, banners hung up on wall in the hall, cheerleaders practising their stunts, while the boys did all types exercises before starting their practice.

I did not get to talk to him all day today at school but we saw each other here and then. He was not allowed to use his phone during practice because tonight's match was really important, not only for him, but for the whole school. I was not mad or jealous because I totally understood.

The day went boring without him. In every class, students would talk about the game only and how well the boys played during other matches. They all had high hopes for tonight.

As soon as the bell for off time rang, I collected my stuff and walked out of the school hallway. Outside, I was met by Daisy and Summer, who were also talking about tonight's game.

"Hey Elise! Are you going to come to tonight's game?" Summer asked.

"Yeah, why not?" I asked rhetorically.

Of course I was coming, to support Harry.

"Lover boy will be so happy to see you." Daisy commented and I did not react.

They did not know about my relationship with Harry, yet. I wanted to keep it private for as long as possible, not that I was scared or something. Just that, I did not want people to be looking at us giving, us the evil eye.

"Will you guys come and pick me up from work?" I asked them.

"Sure thing." They said.

"Okay, see you later Elise. We have to go over to Janet's to finish our Chemistry project." They said.

"Oh okay, see you later then." I told them and we took our different routes.

I reached inside my pocket and brought my phone out to book an uber. Just then, I felt a hand touch my shoulder and I jumped up gasping as I felt electricity pass through me. I turned around to see who it was and was met by a pair of jade eyes.

"Harry, what the hell? You scared the crap out of me." I said bringing my hand closer to my chest as I could feel my heart thumping.

He was wearing a hoodie over his training clothes, with a pair of Adidas cleats. His hair were messy and stuck out in different directions.

"Sorry. Did not know you would jump up like someone electrocuted you." He said not knowing what his touch did to me.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be practising?" I asked ignoring his comment.

"Yeah, but I had to get away to drop you off at the cafe as I'm your personal driver." He giggled.

"How did the coach let you go away?" I asked curiously.

"I told him my mom is sick and I need to go check up on her so he let me go." He said.

"Is your mom really sick?" I asked getting worried.

"No, she's totally fine." He said.

"You really didn't have to lie to get away just so you could drop me off." I told him.

He placed his hand on my cheek and I could feel my face warm up at his touch.

"I needed to. I didn't get time to even talk to you today and I really needed to see you." He told me.

"But we saw each other." I told him.

"That's not what I meant." He said.

"Let's go. Or else we both will be late." I told him.

---

He pulled up in front of the cafe after ten minutes.

"Will you come tonight?" He asked.

"Do you want me to come?" I asked back.

"Yes and no." He said.

"Why 'no'?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Because I don't want to get distracted by you." He said.

"Okay, fine. then I won't come." I said placing my hand on the door to get out.

He caught my other hand and laced his long fingers with my tiny ones.

"I want you to come." He said bring our hands up in front of his face and planting a kiss on the back of mine.

"I'm coming, Harry." I reassured him.

"How will you come?" He asked.

"Daisy and Summer will pick me up from work." I told him.

"Okay, good." He said.

"Now, if you are done with asking questions, can I go?" I asked.

"No." He said laughing.

"Do you want me to scratch your hand again in order to release mine?" I asked jokingly as he was not letting go of my hand.

"Hey, no. You see the marks are still there from the previous one." He said showing me the marks.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scratch that harshly." I said apologising.

"It's okay." He said dreamily staring in to my eyes.

"Harry, I have to go." I said and he inhaled deeply letting go of my hand.

"Thank you." I said turning around to get out of the car.

"Wait." I heard him say and had to turn around again.

"Now what?" I asked trying to maintain my calm tone.
He was not irritating me but I was worried that we both will get late and he would probably be upbraided by the coach.

He brought his face closer and smacked his lips on mine, kissing me passionately. I could feel the energy and strength pour into my body. Then he pulled away breathing heavily.

"This." He said smiling widely.

My whole body heated up and I blushed deeply.

"You know, this is what I meant when I said I needed to see you." He told me.

"Oh." I said as it was the only thing I could come up with.

In situations like these, I never knew how to react or what to say and my reaction often tended to come out as strange or weird as my brain could not process anything due to the haze that covered it.

I really liked Harry and every time we kissed, I would feel butterflies erupt in my stomach. I was just too shy to say something and was never really open about my feelings for him. I told him I liked him but in reality I more than just liked him. I thought I was falling for him but I was not sure about it so I did not say anything.

"I'll just go." I said pointing awkwardly towards the car door. He laughed while shaking his head.

"Oh Elise, why are you so adorably shy?" He expressed pinching my cheek.

"Good luck." I replied senselessly and got out of the car.