Chapter 23

I pulled over in front of her house.

"Are you sure you want to do this now?" I asked her.

"Yes." She looked at me with determination in her eyes.

We got out of the car and walked up to her house. After a knock on the door, it was opened by a beautiful woman who looked like in her early forties. She had dark brown eyes but her eyes were a shade lighter than Elise's. Her hair were a very deep shade of burgundy which could only been seen in bright light, otherwise they looked black. She also had thin eyebrows like Elise's and there were dark circles under her eyes.

"Mom, this is Harry. And we need to talk to you." Elise told her and she examined me from top to bottom in one look.

"Hi, Mrs. Park. I'm Harry, nice to meet you." I said nicely.

"Come in." She said smiling warmly.

"Is dad home?" Elise asked her mother.

"Yes, he just came for lunch." She told her.

"Where is he? Please call him. We need to talk about something serious." Elise said with a frown on her face.

Her mother went upstairs to call her husband.

I looked around the house. It was spacious and neat. The walls were painted in a decent grey colour. There were no pictures of anything on the walls. They were bare.

Her mother came down with a tall, burly man. That's when I realised Elise looked more like her father than her mother. Her mother had huge eyes and was very pretty, while she had small eyes and small features in compared to her mother's, but she was still attractive in a different way.

Her father approached us and I put my hand forward. he shook it gently.

"Hello Mr. Park, I'm Harry Styles." I said and he smiled.

Her whole family was warm and welcoming. 

"What do you want to talk about, Elise?" Her father asked in a deep voice.

"I have found out that I'm not just a normal girl but a witch." She said and both of her parents stood staring at her wide eyed.

They looked at each other and then at both of us.

"How?" They both asked in unison.

Elise told them the whole story from the beginning. She told them about Mavis's visit to the coffee shop and the incident. Then she told them about the dreams she was having about Mavis who was telling her that she is special. Lied that we went to the mall to buy material for our bio project and came across Thomas' shop accidentally where she found out the interpretation of her dream and then went to the Wiccan cafe.

I sat there quietly during the whole time. Every now and then she would look at me and I would nod my head in agreement to support her.

"We are really sorry we hid this from you. We just wanted you, our only daughter, to be safe." Her mother said.

"It's okay mom. I know you were just trying to keep me safe. But I cannot be safe if I don't learn to control my powers." She told them.

"Then you should probably go and learn from her." Her dad told her.

"I can come with you if you want to." Her mother said.

"No mom, It's okay. Harry will drop me off. I'll be fine." She told them and then looked at me.

"Don't worry Mr. and Mrs. Park, I'll take care of your daughter and won't let anything happen to her." I told them.

"Are you her boyfriend?" Mr. Park asked me.

"What? No, Dad." She said immediately.

"I wish I was." I said making her blush in front of her parents.

"I really like you. You seem like a nice boy to me." Her father told me.

"Does that mean I can date your daughter?" I asked frankly.

"Well..." He looked  seriously at both of us.

"As long as you promise to keep my daughter safe and happy. I don't mind. But you need to ask her first in order to date her." Her father told me and I saw Elise's jaw drop in a shock.

She looked at her parents with wide eyes.

"But your daughter doesn't seem to like me." I said jokingly.

"Well, you need to get her to like you then." Her mother said.

"I'm getting late for my work." She said getting up from the couch.

"She's very shy, you know. But be careful with her. You hurt her and I'll make you disappear from the face of the Earth."  Mr. Park warned me.

"Sure." I said with a smug smile on my face.

I bid my farewells to them and then walked over to my car where Elise stood waiting.

I opened the car door for her and she got in. I climbed in the driver's seat and buckled up. 

"Who said I don't like you." She asked crossing her hands over her chest and avoided looking at me.

"You did." I lied.

"Well, I did not say I don't like you." She argued.

"Well, you did not say you like me either." I said and her soft cheeks turned pink.

"Whatever." I heard her mumble and then a smile appeared on her face. 

She tried to hide it. 

"Don't hide your smile from me." I told her.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because it's beautiful." I said.

"Don't flirt with me." She said looking out of the window.

"Is that your way of saying thank you to someone when they compliment you?" I asked sarcastically.

"Can you just drive?" She looked at me, smiling this time.

A few minutes later I pulled up in front of the coffee shop.

"You remember we decided to go stargazing but due to that incident we couldn't go?" I asked randomly.

"Yeah." She said.

"Tonight, I'll come pick you up at 7:00 PM." I said and she nodded her head.

She got out of the car and waved at me before going inside the cafe.