Chapter 30

"Hey." I said sitting down next to her in our bio class.

"Hi." She said in a tired tone.

"Didn't get enough sleep last night?" I assumed seeing her pale face and circles underneath her eyes.

"I slept well." She said in a grumpy tone.

"Are you okay?" I asked getting worried.

She turned to look into my eyes with a cold look on her face. A chill ran down the back of my spine. I have never seen her so dead and cold.

"I'm fine." She said in a firm voice.

We did not talk for the rest of our class as she kept her head down on the desk. I did not know whether she was asleep or just did not want to listen to anyone. Seeing her like this made me worried.

As the bell for the next period rang, without saying a word she got up and left the class. I gathered all my stuff and went out to see where she went but could not find her anywhere. Then, I saw Summer coming in my direction.

"Hey Summer, where is Elise?" I asked.

"I thought she was with you. Where did she go?" She asked me.

"I don't know. She was acting really weird. She didn't speak to me during the whole class and kept her head down on the desk. Then she left without saying a word." I told her.

"Is she okay?" I asked being worried.

"She's fine, she's just... having mood swings because of her period. Don't worry about her, she gets really cold and moody when she's on her period." She said.

"Oh, I understand." I replied.

"Just be careful with her. She gets really dangerous when she's on her period." Summer warned me.

"I know how to handle mood swings. I have a sister too. So, I totally understand." I told her.

"That's good." She said and then walked away.

In break time, I saw her walking towards our table. 

"Hey everyone." She greeted us normally as she sat down next to me.

She then took out stuff from her bag and placed it in front of her.

"What's all this?" I asked.

"My pending work." She replied.

Opening up her Mathematics notebook, she started doing her work while we all discussed different topics. I noticed she was feeling sleepy as she yawned.

"Hey, leave this. You need to rest." I told her.

"But I have a lot of work to do." She said.

"Do it later." I told her and closed her notebook.

Finally, she gave up and held my arm while resting her head on my shoulder.

"Would you mind-"

"Of course not." I told her before she could complete her sentence.

As she fell asleep, I opened her notebook and started doing her work.

"You guys are goals." Daisy said.

"Harry never finishes his work and he's doing his girl's work. Wow." Liam commented.

"What can I do? I really like her." I admitted.

"Aww." They all said in unison.

As the bell rang, she woke up.

"What are you doing?" She asked rubbing her eyes.