Chapter 21

Elise

After school, Harry drove us to the cafe. I got out of the car having a strange feeling in my guts that this was not going to be okay. My mind went in different directions and a thousand questions flashed in my mind. Was she a witch? What did she has to do with me? Why am I special? What powers was she talking about? Is this going to be safe? Nervousness overtook me.. What if the dreams I saw were just dreams and had no real meaning? What if we do not find that woman in there?

"Elise." I heard Harry call me and I was pulled out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I said.

"Are you okay?" He asked and I just stared at him.

"Harry I'm scared." I said. 

Tears started welling up in my eyes and I had to stop myself from crying.

"Hey? Come here. Don't be scared. I will be with you." He said gently pulling me towards him and burying my face in his chest.

I came just a little bit below his chest due to short height and felt like child in his arms. I felt safe and wanted to stay like this forever as it felt like no one would harm me if he's with me. I looked up at him with a sad face. He brought his hand to my cheek and touched it lightly. I felt energy pour into me. His face expression changed. 

"Why is your body temperature high?" He said bringing his hand to my forehead and placing it there.

"Elise, you have fever." He stated and I buried my face in his chest again.

"I'm fine." I mumbled.

"No, you have fever. Why didn't you tell me? Did you take medicine?" He asked being concerned about me.

"No, it's just a fever. It'll go away." I said.

"But-"

"I just want to get over with it." I said raising my head to look up at him.

"Can we go?" I asked him.

"We can go whenever you are ready." He said.

"I'm ready." I told him.

"Then let's go." He said and with that we entered the cafe.

It was a small cafe, with walls painted in the darkest shade of purple. On the left side were booths where I saw women sitting and reading different books about Wicca and witchcraft. Were these all witches? 

On the left side, were different rooms which had beaded curtains as doors. The all had different labels; Aura reading, Tarot card reading, Oneirology, Teachings of Wicca, Learning to be a witch, Powers Controlling and so on.

I looked up at Harry, who grabbed my hand and squeezed it. I felt energy pass through again, like electricity. Then he nodded at me as if confirming that he was not leaving me.  A woman approached us. She had orange curly hair and apple green eyes. She looked somewhere in her early thirties. 

"Hello. How can I help you guys?" She chirped.

"Um... we were told to come here by a woman-" Harry was cut off when someone said my name.

"Elise." I heard the familiar voice.

The voice that I had been hearing in my dreams from the past week. I turned to my left to see her. It was her, again, but this time I was not dreaming. She was actually here in front of me, wearing her unique clothes and jewellery. Seeing her, my heart beat increased. I squeezed Harry's hand tighter to feel energy. He gave me strength and courage.

"Finally, we meet again." She said smiling warmly.

---

We were seated in the 'Learning to be a witch' room. It had maroon walls with silk curtains hanging around, embroidered with golden strings. There were several bookshelves filled with witchcraft and Wiccan spells' book. We were sat on silk covered cushions while she sat opposite to us, the small coffee table being the only barrier between. I was still clasping Harry's hand as he was sitting right next to me.

"My name is Mavis." She started speaking.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Harry." Harry replied trying to act natural.

"I know what your name is. I know a lot about you, both." She said to both of us.

"What do you know about us? And why were you coming in my dreams?" I gathered up the courage to ask this question.

"You are Elise Katherine Park and you are Harry Edward Styles." She said.

"Well, that's just our names. Anyone could find that out." Harry said.

"Elise, you are a special one." She said ignoring Harry's comment.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You hold special powers." She repeated her sentences from the dream.

"Please stop. Don't say it again." I told her as my stomach started feeling upset.

"Can you please be a little straight forward?" Harry asked her politely.

"Elise, you are a witch." The words leaving her mouth made both, Harry and I, laugh hysterically.

I laughed until my jaw started hurting and tears came out of my eyes.

"What? Me? A witch?" I laughed again.

"Yes. You are a witch, Elise." She repeated and we laughed again.

"Well, how can you say that?" I asked smugly.

"Because, I'm a witch too, and I can feel your powers." She replied.

"Oh, so you are a witch and you are saying that I'm a witch, too, and I have powers?" I asked trying to control my laughter this time.

"Yes, Elise. This is very serious. Why do you think I was trying to communicate with you through dream walking, which is a very dangerous process and could have gotten me killed? Because you are that important." She replied with irritation.

I looked up at Harry only to find him staring back at me.

"But how is that possible?" I asked confused and scared at the same time.

"You were born with these powers, Elise, and that's what makes you very special and a target at the same time." She said and my heart started to beat at an increased rate.

"A target?" I questioned while gulping with fear.