1

Kaya’s POV.

“Good morning, sister!” The door barges open, and my ears pick up the sound of someone’s footsteps stomping into the room.

I can’t be more annoyed until the blankets fly away from my body. My hands are still rubbing my eyelids as I rise halfway up.

“Wake up!” screams William’s voice again, and my eyes snap open this time around.

“What is wrong with you?” I shout at him as my brows furrow together in annoyance at his deep-rooted voice. “It’s very early in the morning, and you’re annoying me already.”

Today is supposed to be a beautiful morning, until he decides to ruin it.

He crosses his arms and looks away, which makes me shake my head at him and finally get out of bed.

“Well, maybe if your father wasn’t destroying the whole room, I wouldn’t have come in here to disturb you. Don’t you have some witchery thing to say to him to make him stop?” He informs me, and I groan inwardly.

“Our father.”

“Didn’t you hear the other things I said?” His morning voice is the worst—croaky and gross.

I am now seated on my dresser, and my ocean blue eyes dart over to his reflection as my lips twitch in a curl.

“You know, I’m starting to think maybe you’re just jealous.” As I begin, the skin on his forehead wrinkles. “You know, you’re jealous over the fact that our father, even though he’s a human, has a lot of intelligence, and our beloved late mother was a witch who could do powerful things with just her mind, and well, here I am, too, born as a witch. But you’re there, having taken Father’s gene, yet you’ve got no brain cells for intelligence or innovation. It’s such a pity now that I think of it.”

I smile when I finish packing my long, dark hair into a ponytail. I know that he will be mad, and he is indeed.

He used to be the one who annoys me so much by insulting me about my inability to grasp my witch powers yet, and this is just my payback.

Even though I haven’t been able to reach those powers, however, I have read lots of spells in my mother’s book, and I’ve learned many ways to make herbs from the woods not far from this cottage.

Williams and I walk outside, and when I reach the dining room, I stop there to pick up a piece of bread and, with my fingers, slowly break it into crumbs that I chew lightly.

“See the ruins.” He tells me as he shifts to the left, away from my sight, so I can see father.

“Oh, goodness.” My eyes wander around to see what the living area has become. “Father.” My tone is one of questioning with a hint of curiosity about what he could be creating with his technology, as he likes to call them to have destroyed the furniture.

“Kaya, you’re here. You won’t believe it.” As he climbs down from a ladder, he comes to grab both my shoulders and glare into my eyes. My eyeballs pop in shock. “I had a dream overnight. I saw a new age. I’m going to make something that I shall name radio. It’s going to be the dawn of a new age.”

“I think you need to rest.” I shift my gaze to Williams, who’s behind father, and he shrugs his shoulders at me. It made me roll my eyes.

“Nonsense. I am fine. I woke up healthier than ever before. It’s going to be born out of transmission. It’s going to be lit with a mixture of lightning in the form of what I call electricity and another entity, a powerful material from nature that attracts both the north pole and south pole together. Something I name magnet.” His face is so lit up, I could tell he hasn’t been this happy in ages.