11

11

Kaya’s POV.

It is a dead end with the brothers.

I have come to realize that. They want to destroy me totally, and maybe I should just allow that. But they won’t kill me. Would I be in excruciating pain forever?

I’m not that kind of girl. I never thought that’s what fate has in store for me.

A few weeks ago, my imagination of what the future holds was wild. I thought of a world where I am not exactly judged for who I am, where I don’t suffer for my kind of breed, but thinking of the reality that I live in now, perhaps I had asked wrongly.

Perhaps I should not have wished for a better life. Maybe that way, I would still have a brother who keeps disturbing my life and a father who dreams of a world where invention reigns.

“Your dress is here.” Blinking rapidly, I come alive to the voice of Melissa. She pats the side of the bed where she has placed the cloth before a smile emits from her lips.

My eyes shift to the gown in a wrapped nylon bag, and upon opening it, my lips part out of surprise.

Seeing a black gown with flares at the end, the sleeves long with a net material, and crystal diamond designs on the cleavage part makes one of my brows raise.

In curiosity, I wonder what the brothers are up to about this.

“I thought...”

“What is that?” Melissa fixed her attention on me when I trailed off from my words. I do not know if I should say what’s on my mind.

“I don’t know. I...I thought that... I mean the dress. It’s very fancy. I wasn’t expecting that.” Telling Melissa, a smile crawls up her face.

“I know. The triplets do treat each of their sex slaves in the most appropriate manner, especially when they want them at a ball with them. They like their sex slaves to have such elegance that others would want them for themselves. We are more like a plaything to them. We all are anyway.” This is actually the first time I’ve heard Melissa consider herself a lower being than the triplets. She’s always acted as though she approves of her fate being in their hands.

It only makes sense to me what she’s saying, but then, sex slaves?

“Wait, there are others like me? I mean, sex slaves?”

A chuckle sounding more like a mockery escapes Melissa’s lips, causing me to frown at her before I look away. “You don’t know a lot, girl. And I pity you for that. The triplets are royals; barbaric brings in a human shape. Of course, they have lots of sex slaves. Maybe when they get tired of you, they’ll pick up another.”

Finishing her statement, she doesn’t allow me to respond before she grabs the cloth and hurls it at me. I walk inside the closet, and after changing into the dress and coming outside, she grabs me by arm’s length to face the mirror.

I gasp at my own reflections. I look amazing. Perfect indeed, but I couldn’t bring myself to smile.

Inside me, I am boiling for my freedom, and I am more annoyed at the way my body reacts whenever I am in front of the brothers. I feel so helpless, unable to think clearly, and want a sense of touch from them.

Craving.

Yearning.

Something unknown within me awakens, wanting them to release it.

“It’s time.”

Ready, I take one last glance at my reflection. My hair is box braided with some strands left to stream down my forehead, and my face is dolled with light makeup to give me the blushes I would never feel as long as i remain locked up here.

And the dress, bringing out my figure, pencilling in my stomach so my hips can be revealed.

If it were another situation, I’d be excited.

Soon, we arrive at the stairs. My hand touches the cold rails when I hear Kyle’s voice.

“Damn, she looks so good; I want us to fuck her to stupor.” As though that isn’t enough to shock me out of my wits, he adds as he goes to the back of his brothers and wraps his arms over their shoulders. “The gown gives such easy access to give a quickie. Or what do you say, Madame?”

His rhetorical question wrestled with my chest, leaving it heavy. Stroking down, he has his hand waiting for me to take it.

I refuse, entwining my hands, and he pouts, seeming oddly unaffected by my action of repulsion.

No, I don’t want that. I want them to get angry at me enough for them to kill me.

That’s the only way I can survive this struggle—my only way of connecting with my late family.

“Our drive is here. We should leave.” Speaks Kade and walks off to the front door.

Kyle nods his head towards the path too. My feet, without my consent, stretch forward to join them.

Wow, this is actually my first time going outdoors since I’ve been captured by the triplets. Although it’s crazy how I have no idea how to feel, there is no excitement sprouting within my insides. It’s all dark and foggy.

“Do I need to tell you your next motive?” My train of thought wreaks havoc when I hear Kade’s voice. The triplets are now inside the vehicle, leaving just me and I still tired of their orders.

Just kill me.

Do it.

I stare into Kade’s eyes, which causes him to raise his brows. He alights and scoffs, his eyes shifting away for a second.

“What is this display?”

“Kill me.” I affirm, which he finds amusing.

“Okay,” is all he says, and he steps closer. Instantly, I snap my eyes shut and my lips tight into a thin line, brawling my hand into a fist as I think that finally my wishes are being granted by him.

But then, he’s got another motive, as instead, I wince at a sharp pain and wail at the piercing of his claws.

“Arhh...” My body shrinks as I begin to plead. “please, stop...stop!”

Beads of perspiration fill my glands, wanting nothing but for him to stop. He has my body neck pinned with one hand and the other ripping the skin with his index finger chucked inside.

I can feel my own blood, wetting my skin as I begin to cry.

“Death is painful to you. Then you’re not ready to die. Make just one more mistake tonight, and you’re done.“That’s all he finishes with before he enters the vehicle, and I follow behind him.

As the tires screeches out of the parking space, two frames meet my eyes, shrieking a wave of confusion: the man who interrupts Kieran at the dining table, their uncle, I think, and a woman standing next to him.

Anyway, I don’t think much of it at all, as all that is on my mind is what wonder this night has left to offer. I place my attention through the window, watching as we speed down the street. Just like the air sprawl my hair mildly, I hope my life can be as free, but no, it’s filled with pain.

Speaking of, I wince inwardly as I feel the sting once again.