63

63

Kaya’s POV.

“Some dark ages ago, when the powers of magic still rule the world, it is believed that everything is born of balance but everything is not as it seems. There is always darkness. I faced it. I was a pup when I was captured by witches. They raised me with magic till I grow up, feeding it into my energy. They said it was an experiment. An experiment to build a hybrid without it being created by the Creator himself. They wanted to shift a balance, on the believe of a betterment. It turned me. I became this. I am still a wolf but with the presence of a wolf.”

As he’s telling me this and I pity with him because I can only imagine the pains you pass through when another specie captures you to experiment on you when they have not understand what your creation is about. They try to alter your very being, the way your life should be and it hurts so much. I have passed through such event and I am in fact still passing through, so as he explains, I understand his pain.

“I’m sorry,” I whisper just when he continues with a sniffle. Is he crying? I can’t really see his face well because the fountain wall blocks the moon from shining onto us and the trees block the reflection of its rays, so it’s all blackened to cover us in this place. That’s why we haven’t been caught so far.

But I can imagine how horrible his mind feels. “That’s how the triplets came in. They were young wolves who had came into my town and when they saw me, they knew something was wrong. They made a mistake when they decided to help me out, at least that’s what it is to the witches who kept me under their rules.”

“They set out a war upon the triplets, wanting to destroy them if they don’t let me go. But I’m sure you know what happens when the triplets has laid their minds on keeping a person. They never let go. And I appreciate that, but when war sprouted, the other werewolf land frowned upon anyone with magic, as at then, the triplets Kingdom was the strongest, and they couldn’t have their core crushed. It was frowned upon and ever since then, the werewolves have always fought and killed anyone who proves to be with magic or spells or anything other than a wolf beast living inside them. But when power settles in, anyone can misuse it.”

“The wolves misused theirs. They took the humans as slaves, too, and everything changes. The power consumed us, and now everything is entirely out of balance.” He pauses and as my mind reels on his narration, I wonder more things.

“But this isn’t a complete story. Is that the entire story to how everything happened?” I ask him with a serious tone but he tsk in a negativity.

“No, it did not stop there. The triplets mother was kidnapped. It took us a few weeks at first, searching for her, then it was up to months, then a few years, and at last, her mind was already twisted by the wolves. Some people believe that the Emilie we see today isn’t the one that she was. That this one isn’t the triplets’ mother. She taught them evil, and then when she got back, she was very sick. The triplets had to seek out help from a sorcerer when all hope seemed lost at the time. Guess what happened?”

“Magic once again hurt them?” I assume the only reality that I could think of and he smiles.

“It did more harm than good, or maybe not. Magic always has a price. Something to fill in. When an appearance comes, there must be a disappearance. When you command a seed to grow into a plant, you take energy of life from either yourself or from the soil or from other trees around. A sacrifice for another. Emilie healed to become the savagery that she is now, and the triplets’, they remained cursed. That’s when they had more kills. They became a murderer, killing all witches, sorcerers, magicians, and warlocks they could find. They live with the curse till today, and Emilie, she trained and supported them to become more of a beast now that has no limit.” As he explains to me, I understand better. “They now become a beast that would even hurt many of their own just to fill their thrill of the kill.”

Chester’s voice has lower but I still don’t get why he feels like I’m the one he’s supposed to tell all these things. I have nothing in connection with the triplets. Wait, could it be because of the rumours that I am the triplets’ mate?

Haha.

If they were my mates, they never would have hurt me.

And from the book, I see it in there that a werewolf cannot punish their mates, especially after they have marked them because if they did, they would feel the pain of their mate as well. There is no way the triplets would go through the same pain that I had gone through. They couldn’t have sacrificed themselves just so to make me get punished since they are also being punished. My pain would be theirs.

I’m sure they only marked me just so that they could have more possession over me but not anymore.

“Why don’t you talk to them then? If there’s anyone who could stop this war, it is them. They started it. And as you said earlier, the triplets nation is the strongest.” I shrug but I don’t know if his werewolf eyes could see me.

He chuckles softly before he replies. “You have a bigger game to play. I would only beg you that when you gain your powers, utilize it with your heart and soul in accordance with it not with just your brain. For me, I am not in the instance to stop the triplets. My job is to help them make a strategy...” He hasn’t finished when I blurt in.

“And also to convince me of something that I have no idea of. You sound like an hypocrite, did you realize?”

I roll my eyes and he laughs. “Well, yes you’re correct. Life itself is. Time is. If those higher beings are faulty, who am I to be perfect?”

“Well, then if I become evil, don’t blame me.”

“I shall not.”

“And your story about the triplets doesn’t change my mind at all. It doesn’t explain why I went through all the things that I did. It doesn’t explain why Aiden had to die. It doesn’t explain why Melissa was killed. It doesn’t explain all the pains, all the agony.” As I remember everything from the start, I am more angry and angry. My nostrils can almost be emitting smoke in showcase of my annoyance.

I stand up and this time around, he doesn’t stop me. “I am out of here.”

“I cannot stop you. The power you have within you is stronger than anything that any of us can stop but I hope you’d come to remember who you really are.” He speaks with a bright smile on this smile. Since we have both stood up, I can now see his face well.

He seems to be amused for some reason that is unnatural to me, and I blink, batting my eyes in surprise at all the discussion I’ve had with him.

I wonder the reason for his narration. Why is he trying so hard to change my reasoning when I am even powerless?

My lips part to want to talk but I can’t come with anything to say, but I only bow slightly and turn to leave. When I arrive inside, walking up the staircase, I raise my face at the sound of a clicking of heels.

“For heavens sake...” Not tonight should I meet with Emilie, especially not when the whole kingdom has gone to sleep.