9

9

Kade walks into the room with Kyle and Kieran behind him. On landing on his brothers, a squint forms at the side of his eyes, and instantly he gives entrance to his mind so his brothers can connect with him internally.

With a smile on his face, when their uncle Jared sees them, he speaks inwardly. "Let me do most of the talking. There's something fishy with Uncle."

Kieran takes a seat on one of the leather chairs, bringing his legs up to his uncle's desk before he crosses his arms over his chest and stares ahead into nothingness. He looks like he isn't in the mood for any of the conversation.

Kade, on the other hand, has assumed every reason why their uncle has called them for a conversation, and he is assured that it's related to Kaya.

As their uncle clears his throat, Kyle makes his way to a small bar inside the room and opens a bottle of whiskey, which he gulps down into his throat.

"Now, tell me guys, what was that nonsense I saw earlier in the dining room?"

There's a dark smirk tainting Kyle's lips. With his face positioned earthward, he replies. "It's no nonsense. It's what we are, uncle. You of all people should understand that, shouldn't you?"

There's been silence in the room for a few minutes. Uncle Jared narrows his eyes at Kade before he shifts it over to Kieran, who seems oblivious to whatever they're discussing.

"Who is the girl?"

"A new sex slave of ours."

Jared knows that Kade is lying, but there's no way he can get the truth out of him. The brothers scare him now. They are no longer under his control, as before, and that pisses him off more than anything. His fist brawls under the table, hiding them behind the sandalwood object as he fakes his lips curving upwards.

"I've seen how you guys treat your sex slaves. It's not that way. There seems to be a connection between you guys and that... filth." His eyes snap over to Kade, who, as expected, shows no emotion. If there's any shift in his demeanor, he's in a flash to execute it.

"Plus, she doesn't seem very much of a human, nor does she smell like a she-wolf, so tell me, what is she?"

Releasing a scoff, Kade lets his back recline against the foamy lining of the leather chair.

"What are you implying, uncle?" As soon as he speaks, Jared slaps his hand against the table and stands up.

Then, snapping his eyes over to where Kyle is, he hurls the pencil from the table and throws it over. The bottle Kyle has on his mouth, drinking the alcohol, shatters out of the blue, the pencil piercing through, and his eyes pop out.

"Damnit, uncle."

"Language, Kyle." Shouts Jared at them, causing Kyle to raise his hand up in the air.

"Well, you deserve it, uncle." He mutters.

"I need all attention in the room. That means enough drinking. Your mother and I are tired of you guys ignoring us or doing whatever you can. You guys are old enough now, and in leading this kingdom, you've got to understand that you all need to be serious rather than nonchalant.

Just as their uncle finishes speaking, Kieran shoots up from his seat, jetting forward with his palms banging the surface of the desk, but Kade communicates with him through thoughts, letting him know he should calm down, and he's got it.

"Now, you're talking, uncle. What exactly hurts you here?"

"You hide things from your mother and I, thinking that now you've got it all under your control, but it's all a childish play." Kade wanted to respond there but decided not to, allowing his uncle to continue spewing. "About the girl, why did you keep her? You cannot manage such a creature, yet you decided to hide it. Do you have any idea what damage she has caused?"

Uncle Jared releases a deep breath before he adds, "I'll take her and do with her what you should have done all this time."

"She is ours."

"She's a witch. We don't keep them. We execute them as soon as we see them. That's the rule. Because of your desire to keep them, other packs have heard the rumours."

Kade is taken a bit aback there but makes certain there's no evidence of his behaviour. "How do you mean, uncle?"

"Here." Jared picks up an envelope, twirling it in the air over to Kade. After he's opened it and reasoned out the content, Jared resumes, "The neighbouring pack worries about the rumours of a witch being amongst us, and they want to come and confirm if it has been executed, which is what I shall do."

"We don't keep them if we are to maintain leading the superior chain. Now, because of our childish play, the Alpha of the Crestwood pack has nominated himself to do a personal check."

Sharply, Kade scoffs when he hears that. Speaking of, the alpha of the Crestwood is a beast just like the triplets, hating them more than anything, so it's no surprise to them when he decides to do a thorough checkup in their territory.

"Have you accepted these invites, uncle?"

Jared pinches the bridge of his nose and says, "Yes, I've got no choice."

"This is what makes us different from you, Uncle. We are more barbaric, sadistic, perilous, and cold-hearted. Don't worry; my brothers and I will handle this case. After all, we are to lead our territory. Now, about the girl, I shall like to make something clear: we own her, and no one, absolutely no one, will come and snatch her. We'll do whatever we want with her. She's our toy."

As he claims, his voice deepens, grasping authority along the way: "We control her emotions,her body, her mind, and lastly, how she thinks. And if anyone thinks they can touch her, my brothers and I won't hesitate to get them out of the way. Uncle, once again, we'll handle this case with the Crestwood pack."

Jared's lips are wide open, gaping at the brothers. From Kade, who bores his orbs at him, to Kieran, who remains unconcerned by the conversation, then to Kyle, who's watching him with a possessive glint in his eyes.

If there's one thing Jared is sure of that he's created in these brothers, it's the devil which he has made them. Now, he wonders if he can still control them. He observes nothing but darkness in their heart.

Knowing that he can't win this conversation, he gives up and leaves the room for the triplets.

Immediately after the door closes behind them, Kade snaps his finger, calling Kieran's and Kyle's attention.

"I have a plan." His voice is in haste, leaving a sense of confusion among the brothers.

"There's more to root out in our new slave, so there's no way we are letting her go yet. She affects our curses, and we feel a sense of undescribable affection towards her. We've got to find those out, regardless of whatever suffering she'd have to pass through. All I care about is us, which means concerning this Alpha of the Crestwood, let us ruin him."

Kieran chimes in there, parting his lips to the left in a dangerous grin. "I've always wanted to capture his wings. They say he bosses over the rest of the neighbouring packs. It would be a great pleasure to capture his pack."

"And that's why I have a plan. They want to find out that we have a slave with us, do they not? Then that's what we shall show them."

Out of the blue, Kyle's demeanor changes into an elated mood. "Fuck, I know just how we can do that. You guys know, when it comes to playing dangerous games, I'm perfect."

In Kade's eyes, he can already imagine how the event would play out. The Alpha and his entourage from the neighbouring packs would be arriving the next day, and he is already feeling butterflies in his stomach, knowing the damages they shall implicate.