16

16

3RD POV.

Chewing down a pea, Kade clears his throat as he hits a fork into the plate once again.

“Will you just voice out whatever is swirling inside you instead of bottling it up? We can sense your mind, and there’s like a hurricane in there.” Kieran speaks up, slamming the table with his bare hands, before he rolls his eyes at Kade.

Then, Kyle picks over, “true, I can sense the turmoil in your mind as well. And trust me, Kade, you’re not good at bottling things up.”

Kade hisses, staring ahead into nothing, right before he grips his hair and stares at his brothers. “It’s about the girl. We are supposed to have found out how she’s able to affect us like that. She obviously changes everything, and we are playing into it. Mind you, we always make the rules, not follow them.”

He spills, his eyes interchanging from Kyle to Kieran. “She doesn’t even have her powers, yet we are attracted to her body. How much longer will it be before we are soft? We are barbarians, and we have to begin showing that. We don’t need a mate. In fact, if anyone is to be our mate, they must be dealt with, see how devious we are, be so scared of us, and punished till they rot off in some cage. From today on, she must suffer for every emotion she stirs up inside us.”

By the time he finishes with his words, his chest is elevated, so he can release a heavy exhalation.

“I don’t agree less with that. We cannot execute her like a mother wants, so why don’t we rather convince them that they aren’t in any manner emotionally connected with that thing?” Kyle adds in, causing Kade to nod along with him.

Just then, the entrance door into the dining room opens. Their mother walks in with her aura whirling through the room.

Having grasped the triplets attention, she goes to the head seat where Kade is and brushes her hands into his hair. “You guys are eating without me and your uncle now? Ouch.”

“I cannot remember the last time we ate together, mother.” Speaks Kade, which causes her to curve her lips downward.

“I’d love it if Kieran spoke with me instead.” Her eyes give away a sense of unfairness from the triplets.

“Mother, please take a seat.”

Within a second, her expression changes into an amusing one. “see? That’s my little boy, knowing exactly how to care for me. I’m getting old, guys; do you not realize?”

Kyle rolls his eyes, in captivity of all urges to grit a hiss at their mother, Emilie. Just two nights ago, she had hurt them with that frequency rod, and she wouldn’t apologize for them, yet she expected them to accept her with open arms.

He huffs anyway, showing his disinterest in her presence with them.

“Let’s not be silent now. Tell me, what’s the decision taken over the girl?” She interrogates as she places her hands on the table.

Her fingers tap on the material, clicking continuously as though she were being calculative.

The triplets know how cunning their mother can be, so they allow Kade to speak for them.

“We do not own you any explanation, Emilie.”

“And Kade speaks again.” Again, she places her face towards Kieran, who, on the other hand, clears his throat.

Emilie knows she can easily get to Kieran, as he is a momma’s boy, but Kade speaking on their behalf would only stop her from seeping her ideas into their minds.