10

10

Kaya’s POV.

There was a time in my life when the rise of sunlight was a joy I could not fathom. It felt like a part of me that I always cherished.

I would have woken up early, mesmerized by my thoughts, which were beautiful then. I’d run up the ladder to the roof of the cottage and watch as that yellow vibrance landed on my skin.

Having watched as my skin glows, I’d smile and appreciate nature for creating such beauty in the midst of the darkness that lurks in this world. But now, here I am, lying on the bed with my eyes closed as I feel the rays of the sunlight beaming onto my skin.

Yet, I do not stand up. I cannot bring myself to be happy about anything because my life is no longer mine. I am crush and doom from the moment that the people left in my love life were murdered by the ones who captured me. They’ve left me to be nothing.

Suddenly, I reverse from the depths of my thoughts when I hear someone clear their throat. My eyes snap open, and my body bolts up from the bed.

Shocked, left in an alarmed expression, I see Kieran standing in front of the bed with a plate in his hands. As I come to understand what’s in it, sandwiches, I remove the strands of hair on my face.

“You seem very agile this morning, dear.” To be honest, I didn’t want to believe that he’s actually here until he speaks and my body jolts, crawling backwards to the headboard.

Until my back hits a frame and I shift to my back. I’ve never been that fast before in my life. “Yeah, I know, darling. He has the quality of being the darkest monster between the three of us, but the silent one has already gained it.

Does he mean to tell me that Kade is the cruelest among them? I know they say the ones who are most silent can also be the most dangerous ones, and now that Kyle is confirming it for me, it scares me more.

At least, I know some of the things that Kieran can do, as he’s shown me some of his rage at the dining table, but Kade, I have no idea what he’s capable of.

Speaking of the monster, wherever is he?

My heart is still beating hard when I watch Kieran bring himself to smile and lower his hand to the bed. “I decided to bring you breakfast, toy.”

I hate all of them. They don’t even have the decency to call me by my name all of the time. I’m not a toy at all.

“I’m not a toy but a living being,” I snap at Kieran, staring into his grey eyes, and I’m suddenly lost inside them.

The way the sun radiates onto his face, glimmering into his eyes, leaves my lips parted and ajar. He hypnotizes me instantly, and a huge part of me wants to touch him and feel his body.

“Yeah, a ticking bomb waiting to get her powers so she can destroy everyone. Isn’t that what you are?” He nods his head as he smirks, “Yeah, I’d rather consider you a toy then.”

After he leaves the plate in front of me, I have no choice it to eat the sandwiches. I haven’t eaten since the first day I got here. The horror that I’ve faced in the last two days is enough to make me not feel hungry until I cannot hold it in anymore.

“We are here for a quick discussion, brothers, not to exchange conversation.” I don’t need to see who’s talking before I already know.

His thick, masculine, ordering voice is enough confirmation. He’s the Alpha, after all, so even his brothers have respect for him.

Coming from the shadows made by the curtains, I come into contact with his silver cerulean eyes, and I’m hypnotized by them as well.

There’s something else about the brothers that is strange. I cannot control my body when I’m around them. They leave me feeling strange and wanting to feel their bodies.

Kyle, even when he jokes, teases, and uses me as his sarcasm 101 everyday course, I still cannot stop myself from noticing how he’s cute, how his hair flops to the back of his head, his chiseled jaw, and his perfect body shape.

And Kieran, even when I hate him most, there’s a sense of arousal inside me when he keeps staring at me, watching me as though he’s trying to find me out. He’s got that devilish glint, unlike Kyle, who’s got a playboy look.

As much as Kieran causes the hair at the back of my back to stand, my body feels an attraction towards him.

And lastly, Kade—there’s something about him that I’m desperately trying to figure out. Is it how cold and silent he is? He’s very calm, the complete opposite of Kieran, which also turns me on. It’s like I don’t even have a taste.

These brothers have completely different attitudes, yet I’m attracted to each of them. Indeed, I am getting brainwashed by them. That’s what I want to believe.

And for example, watching as Kade walks into the light with his eyes laid towards the ground, I watch how his dark hair is perfectly combed and how his heart-shaped lips make me lick my bottom ones without my own consent.

As much as I don’t want to watch him, lowering my gaze, I catch him wearing sweatpants, and that’s when I lose my guard again. My eyes are plastered below his navel area, wishing that the shirt he was putting on isn’t covering his dick area.

My breathing has heightened just from my thoughts, and I can’t help it. These brothers are messing with my head, not just physically but mentally.

It makes me want to scream. .

When Kade begins to speak, I come back to my senses. “There’s a meeting coming up tonight, so you’d be coming with us. At the drive, I will let you know the rules you must follow. Is that understood?”

I nod my head.

“A maid will come to help. We want you to be ready by the appropriate time.” I find myself nodding at his words again, unable to voice out, out of fear that if I speak, I might get punished.

Kade lets out a scoff, which scares me more than when he was staring at me with no emotion in his eyes. “I have only allowed you the chance to sleep on a bed and the chance to have a conversation with me or my brothers because we haven’t decided fully what to do with you yet. Do not destroy your period of enjoyment. By that, I mean, whenever I talk to you, you must respond with words.”

“Yes, master.” My lips part before my brain even thinks of the words, then I release a sharp breath, hoping that he doesn’t punish me or his brothers punish me.

“You learn fast. I hope we don’t have to do this the hard way another time.” Tilting his head to the left, Kyle and Kieran stand up, walking next to him, leaving him in the middle as they are about to leave the room.

My thoughts, lingering inside my mind since the first day I was taken as a slave by them, overwhelm me once again. I need to speak out. Maybe I’ll get punished, but I deserve to at least know if they have any sense of sympathy at all, or maybe the curses that Melissa told me bother them have taken away their sympathy too.

“What did I ever do?”

The brothers stop in their walk right away, as though they’ve revised it before, and that shocks me. I want to clutch my heart, but I don’t want to show any weakness, even though anyone can see how I’m fidgeting.

“You’re a witch. I thought you all were smart.” He suggests which makes my forehead wrinkles.

“My family is dead because of you all. My father and my brother, and then you kept me here. What offense did I ever commit? I’m an innocent soul.” Pausing, a tear slides down my cheek. “Please, just kill me, too.”

“What a weakness! That’s the last thing my brothers and I would ever do to you. You cannot die. We would never allow that. And not even nature can affect that. Be ready tonight.”

Kade snatches his eyes off of him, as do his brothers, before they all leave the room. Before Kyle disappears, he waves at me with a wink.

Left alone in the room once again, I can’t help the sobbing that comes after.