26

26

3RD POV.

The air whistles in the distance, and the middle of the woods is so dark that a normal eye would have seen nothing.

Everything about the scenery subjects eerieness; however, in it lurk dangerous forces like the triplets.

In the middle stands Kade, staring ahead at the broken branch. His patience remains stagnant and unwavering, awaiting what’s to be expected.

His jaw twitches, a stern look fixated on his face. His brothers faces aren’t any different. They look serious and stoic.

Even the nature around them dwells in the aura they seep into, a shallow that commands every will.

Their eyes picked up on a sound all of a sudden, causing Kyle to tick his face towards all distances. With their minds linked together, he did not have to call the attention of his brothers before they felt what he had felt as well.

Rustling sounds were followed by a disturbance in the trees ahead before the appearances of two wolves in their true nature.

They growl into the night, grasping strength from the moon ahead, covered by the canopies in the mangrove.

The full-fledged wolves thumps the ground with each walk, their height enough to scare any being, but the triplets aren’t ordinary either; in fact, none of them are fazed at the view before then, nor do they look threatened.

“A child’s play, this is.” Kieran’s fist brawls inside his pocket, but before he can take one step forward, Kade ushers his attention through their connected minds.

“Brother, calm. We need tactics as of now.” He is advising when Alpha Alaric shows up behind the two wolves, “The prey is finally here. I shall converse. When I need you, I’ll call. Kyle, you as well, be of silence.”

Kade takes charge. He cracks his neck to the left and then to the right before his eyes close, and when they reopen, they glow brightly with a scarlet red light. He sends off his Alpha aura to the two wolves, aiming to force them to bow to him, but Alpha Alaric overrides that effect.

“Pardon my commanders here. They lack the will to resort, but then I will not have you go alpha on them.” Alpha Alaric converses with a tug on his lips, curving them amusingly.

“Then don’t have them growling into my ears.”

Alpha Alaric goes silent for a moment, his eyes shifting over to Kyle and Kieran. “I see you brought your brothers along.” There’s a sharp pause in his tone before he adds. “You killed my men, six of them, and still you dare call me out into this...” He points around, his face irked, and says, “I should have you decapitated.”

“I take it you’re not a fan of wise words, are you?”

“Say more.” Alaric Alaric places his fingers on his jaw with his eyes narrowed at Kade.

Kade scoffs, “a man with only words, without action, can never be taken seriously.”

Opening his mouth to speak, Kade spaces out his hand to obstruct him. “Do not interrupt me. You speak of beheading me and my brothers, but I see those Betas behind you. In a flash, I can have their heads falling off of their necks.”

Alpha Alaric wanted to speak again, but then Kade glares at him, raising his voice to show that he isn’t done. “You speak of the death of your men, but we never wanted to attack, did we? You think that you are strong.” With each word dripping off of Kade’s tone, he takes one step forward, which results in a snarl from the two werewolves. “But you are not.”