41

3RD POV.

“You cannot enter. That’s an order.” Says a guard at the entrance to the triplets’ study room, but Lyra isn’t planning on stopping.

“And someone as little as you would stop me?” Rather, she barges in, walking in with grace as though she owns the space.

Kade waves off his hand at the guard when he tries to hold Lyra back. The guard nods his head before he goes back to his spot.

“Your highness,” Lyra is just starting when Kieran halts her voice from coming out of her throat when he grabs her by her throat and runs her against the wall.

He holds her there, his eyes burning into her face. “It was an order that we did not want to be disturbed. What have you come here for?”

“My Lord, it is important. Something I am certain you want to be informed of, especially since it’s been happening right under your nose.” She speaks with a fire in her voice. She isn’t as scared as expected, which makes Kieran chuckle.

He releases his grip on her so that her reddened skin can heal back to normalcy. Once she’s okay, she swallows a lump in her throat and states her reasons for being there: “Your toy has a man friend. She’s been fornicating with him all these while without any of you realizing it.”

“Talk about us being incapable once again, and you’d lose all your hair.” Lyra gasps at Kieran’s words, who’s still towering over her with his hands brawled into a fist.

Lyra shrinks deeper into the wall, as though she wants to walk through it to the other side.

“Brother, haven’t you got quite the humour in you after all?” Kyle chuckles. “continue.” That is Kyle’s order, and she does it with a bright smile on her face.

“My sisters and I have been spying on her.”

“You mean stalking?” Kieran interrupts; his actions show just how obviously he doesn’t want Lyra or the other girls around him.

“At the end of it all, she’s cheating once again, just like she did with the guard. She’s a cunt, a whore. Or why else would she be with another guy, and a maid, for that matter?” Lyra’s tone passes venom across the room, and it is received just as she wants because the brothers’ bodies stiffen at her clarification.

“And where is she?”

“My sisters and I have done the work. As we speak, she is being taken to the dungeon with the guy. They were caught in the western forest, picking apples. She might be in love with that human; who knows?” Lyra has the intention of talking in this manner so she can fuel the triplets’ anger even more.

She and her sisters want Kaya to be broken to the very core, so she won’t have any more reason to live. They know they dare not try to kill her themselves, for if they are found out, the triplets will not hesitate to kill them off. So, instead, they would turn the triplets’ minds against Kaya, forcing them to kill her, or she kills herself.

Either way, they win, and that’s their joy.

Kade drops the paperwork in his hands and stands up. “Have the guy hung up in chains and our toy free to watch the scene. We’d be there right away.”

Lyra courtesy, “my Lords,” then she walks out of the room.

“She knows her game,” is all Kyle says just before he scoffs.

Kade, Kieran, and Kyle make their way to the dungeon, adjourning their work until another time. For now, once they’ve heard of Kaya, they cannot think of anything else.