61

61

Kaya’s POV.

Once again, I’m standing in front of the mirror with my being still captured in this hell-scape by these monsters. My hatred for them hasn’t lessened, although situation may have for me.

Perhaps because of the pregnancy, the triplets have actually lessened the amount of the work they give me. They still threaten me and it sends chills down my spine, but then, they allow me some hint of peace.

The only thing that has changed about me however is my body. My limbs have become plump, and the baby is growing quite fast than my imagination could have assimilate. I have no idea why but perhaps because they are hybrids, it might explain the reason as to why.

I slip into a flip-flops after I have worn a flaring gown that streams down my body. I’m not wearing such gown to conceal my stomach as the whole kingdom has already gotten to know the supposedly secret after what happened with the leaders of the other five packs, but because of convenience.

There’s a knock on the door which makes me go to open it. “Yes.” I say to the maid there who bows her head lowly.

“The Masters want to see you at the dining area, ma’am.” She executes her assignment and walks away gracefully.

As I watch her step recedes, I wonder why everyone has been giving me some sort of respect. Suddenly, I feel like everyone’s changing towards me. I don’t work as much anymore. The suffering has lessened. And there’s some sort of convenience that has been plastered onto me ever since they all know that I’m pregnant for the triplets. Maybe they are scared to hurt me because I carry the child of the three Masters.

Anyway, knowing that I’ve got nothing else to do in this room, I make my way to the dining area right away. When I arrive inside, the guards opening the door for me instead of me opening it myself as I used to do, my head turns to them as they close the door behind me with a frown on my forehead as I wonder once again why the good treatment.

It does not faze my mind, regardless, as everyone would still feel my wrath one day when I gain my powers.

“Please settle in, little thing.” Calls Kade at me as soon as his eyes settles on my frame.

“Oh, right. Some things just won’t change.” I mutter inside my own mind, as I step forward and settle down on a random chair.

Taking in the presence in the room, I see a new figure with the triplets. It’s a man with dyed silver hair, streaming down his back till they reach his shoulders and he’s packed them carefully with a rubber band, I’m guessing.

His lens are shade of silver cerulean or is it grey? I am not sure as he’s a bit distanced from me but trust me when I say that it rhymes with the colour of his hair.

“So, she is the witch?” The man has accumulated an accent that I’m not precise on where it is from and being here for months now, I’ve got to hear many accents from many of the royals.

His are a mixture of many accents.

“Yes, Chester. She is the witch.” Kieran agrees with a low hiss before he picks a cubed carrot with his fork. Kyle sits on the chair as though he’s depressed, but I’m more focused on this new presence.

Wait, what did they call him now? Chester? He’s that man I overheard the triplets talking about, the commander who could help them make the strategy that they need to win the war.

“Oh, I see why you’re all enchanted by her. She may not have powers as rumours have carried, and as I have heard, but she is beautifying and ege capturing. She would bewitch any man who settles her eyes on her.”