18

18

Kaya's POV.

"Alpha Alaric isn't the type to relax for this long. He must be planning something in the dark; perhaps that's why he's not attacking us yet. He's tried to fight you guys one-on-one before, so maybe he's deploying a different effect." One of the men speaks, one with silver hair and green eyes like a field.

"Most likely." Agrees, the other one with turquoise eyes and dark blonde hair that jets back his back. Woah. They all look handsome and dangerous.

"And who's this?" Asks the second man with turquoise eyes.

"Oh, that's nothing, commanders. Just a thing we're keeping for the meantime."

I don't know why, as I expected myself to have been used to their insults, but my heart shatters into pieces.

They don't even see me as a being.

"A specimen, I take it?" The one with silver hair laughs.

"Yes, our toy can be called that." Kade's eyes meet with mine. I've noticed something weird about the brothers-that in a situation, only one of them speaks on behalf of the others. "We are experimenting on her, though."

"Little thing, go to the other room. Clean it up before we arrive... shortly." He adds before he focuses back on his commanders.

Oh, that must be where they slept. It makes sense now. I wish they could continue to sleep there, so maybe I can steal sleeping on the bed for even just one night.

Outside the room, I wanted to kick my legs against the wall but stopped myself because I've had enough hurt, and trust me, if I hurt my legs, these people won't care a bit.

"I am a thing?" I muster the courage to whisper it aloud to myself.

Fury sprawls inside me as though a gust of wind is whirling around. I can still feel the lashes from his words, cutting deep inside me.

These people's words still cut deep, like a hot dagger on the skin.

"I've had a cat before, and I never acted this way toward it, and that's an animal, but I am a living being for nature's sake." My lips keep moving as my thoughts linger inside my head.

Lowest of the lowest, that's what I am here.

I get inside the room at the expense of a few gasps, which made me whelp out loud as well, my eyes shooting out at the sight of two girls naked.

I don't need to be informed to know that they are werewolves. Oh my, if I'm told that my heart is bleeding right now, I'd believe it.

In front of me are two she-wolves in body-revealing clothing. They must have satisfied the triplets over the night, and one more thing: their skin looks perfectly good, unlike mine, which was left with scars, which leaves in me a tighter affection towards the triplets. .

I'm swallowing my hurt. "I'm sorry for my intrusion. I was ordered to clean up the place, and that's why I'm here."

While I speak, I see broken glasses on the ground. They caused a lot of alcohol damage here.

"Such a brat. Did you not learn your manners well? No knocking before entering a room in your little brain.

I didn't know what to say for a second, but I accept the fault anyway. "I am so sorry."

I pray that they don't hit me as well.

The girls are blonde, exactly opposite of what I am. Their skin is porcelain, while mine has a sandy undertone, and my hair is dark. Their eyes are hazel, almost like Kyle's.