59

59

3RD POV.

The brothers run towards Kaya just as soon as they see her plight. Kieran has already grabbed her head before she can hit it against the ground.

She’s weak and quivering. Each of the brothers can feel her pain and fear. She has been shaken to the very core, and she’s worn out. Her arm is still bleeding profusely, and Kieran is now applying tight pressure there. As he sees her blood, knowing that someone else has caused her pain and not any of his brothers, neither has him, he is more than palm-twitchingly infuriated at whoever it might be.

Kade crouches sharply to ask Kaya, “who did this to you?”

Kaya can’t speak, as the shock has sent chills down her spine. Her lips are only vibrating, shivering non-stop, but she points to the distance, down the hallway. Kade’s eyes peel at the direction before he utilizes his senses.

He adapts his sense of sound to feel the vibration of the ground, sensing someone’s heavy footsteps. His body sharpens at the realization.

Whoever must have hurt Kaya is scared of the triplets, and they are running away. It shows that they wanted to kill Kaya off without the knowledge of the triplets, finding them out.

Hastily, Kade turns to Kieran and Kyle and says, “Protect Kaya with everything that you’ve got. I’ll chase down whoever has hurt her.” and that’s all he’s got to say before he runs down the hallway with inhuman speed.

Kieran and Kyle are still with Kaya.

“That is the witch, is she not?” Alpha Damon is the one to talk, his eyes squinting at the sequence before him. Kieran stands up just then, his chest broadening in a gesture that he won’t allow anyone to mess with them.

Kyle, on the other hand, stick with Kaya, putting pressure on her wound to stop the bleeding.

“Unbelievably.” Gaspes come from different angles, from each of the Alphas.

“Why are they protecting her this much?” Alpha Frederick speaks next. There’s confusion in their eyes as they roam at the scene before them. There are whispers.

The alphas are nearing Kieran and Kyle with each step they take forward, and Kieran is ready to fight at anytime. Kaya is supposed to be hidden throughout the time of the meeting, and if there’s one thing he could think of, it’s that someone must have wanted this scenery to happen.

Someone wants the Alphas to know about Kaya, and now that they know, their rage towards the triplets is only more justified.

“This meeting is adjourned. You can all leave.” Kieran’s voice is tight as his eyes shift from one Alpha to the other, finally settling on Luna Olivia, who cracks up a laugh.

Her eyes are mischievous as she steps forward. She cracks her neck from left to right before she says, “only a fool won’t see what’s happening here.”

“I was right. The reason why you’re all eager and ready to sacrifice for the girl is clear now. I see it clearly. She is more important than any of us, isn’t she?” When she says that, she receives unbelievably gasps from the other Alphas, and they are convinced that she is correct. “You would protect her even to your death, but all the suffering, all the punishments that she’s received from all of you, during all these times, the girl is only suffering for no reason, for something she probably doesn’t even know too. It all comes down to your selfishness, your greed, your obsession, and your infatuation. It all comes down to the fact that she is your mate, but you would hide that truth even till your grave, would you not?”

“I employ you all to leave here. This is our kingdom. If you speak out of turn, I would get your tongues cut off.”

Kieran isn’t allowed to finish before Luna Olivia cuts into the middle of his sentence, “but you can’t do that, can you? You must respect the code of the knight, no matter what; so far, you’ve picked up the gauntlet.” She pauses for a brief moment, seeing that she’s captured Kieran’s wings. “And speaking of your selfish acts, the girl isn’t just your mate, but more. I see it in her. She would be the mother of your children, would she not?”

“Children?!” Alpha Damon shouts into the air, out of shock.

“She carries a twin in her belly.”

“That can’t be true.” Alpha Damon disagrees with Luna Olivia, who snickers softly.

“I am a mother to a whole nation, to a pack, so yes, I can sense a pregnancy when I see one. I can see them growing inside her. They are two.”

At this point, Kieran is ready to go into a fighting stance at any moment. They can’t escape the truth, and Luna Olivia is like a lie machine who’s typing out all their secrets.

“You know the children would be hybrids, do you not?”

Kieran’s already mind-linking Kyle, “get Kaya out of here now. I’ll cover up.”

“Now, am I right, or am I right?” Luna Olivia finishes with all four alphas and her, surrounding both Kieran and Kyle. It halts Kyle from being able to get Kaya to safety. They’d have to watch her with these predators surrounding them.

“The war is two moons from now. Respect that and get out of here while you still can.”

“You speak of respect as though you utilize it. You speak of nobility when you’re a hypocrite of it. You speak of abundance between the packs when every act of yours is to destroy the reign of the werewolf in this world. You speak of our greatest enemies destroying us if we separate, but they aren’t our greatest enemies. The ones we thought were one of us are actually our greatest enemies. You went against the most important rule. You created a hybrid—a witch and a werewolf. You would create a creature that would taint a wolf, I see now.” As Alpha Damon speaks on behalf of the other Alphas, including Luna Olivia, Kieran can sense his rage.

It is an aura he releases into the air without any abruption. His eyes are peeled at Kieran, and his nails sharpen into claws.

He goes into a fighting stance, forcing Kieran to prepare himself as well. This would end badly, but Kieran, being Kieran, smirks, readying him to enjoy spilling the blood of one of these alphas.

In the next ticking second, he and Alpha Damon are roaring into the air just before they run towards each other on the thoughts of attacking each other.

Kade is dashing through the woods, his speed cutting the grass as he speeds past. He’s on all fours, even though he has yet to change into his wolf. He’s only indulged his wolf in speeding up his pace to an inhuman level.

He remains in the shape of a human but mimics the running of an animal, and he’s fast, almost catching up with Kaya’s attacker.

When his vision clears at the attacker, he stops all of a sudden, his legs scraping through the ground until he comes to a sudden stop, sweeping all the fallen leaves with him and dust diffusing into the air before he grabs a branch of a heavy tree.

In a flash, he’s broken it, and in a canter, he has hurled it towards the attacker, causing him to fall.

“Who are you? Who sent you? Why have you attacked just Kaya?” His voice is like that of a thunderous storm as he nears the attacker. When the attacker stands up, his body healing from the wound caused by the branch, he laughs.

“You’d have to catch me first.” His laugh soon disappears into the air as soon as he speeds up. Kade is surprised at how fast he changes into a full-fledged wolf before he runs into the woods, disappearing behind the trees. Also, his speed is like that of an alpha. But then, knowing that he’s an assassin, it can only make sense that he is more overtrained than a normal wolf would be.

Kade’s wolf presence is clear, his aura spreading through the woods right before he trails behind the attacker.