65

65

3RD POV.

The double handled door opens with haste with the reveal of Kade, Kieran, and Kyle entering into the room.

“My Lords, this is not a play anymore. They are serious. They are really going to attack.”

“And how could you have been so feeble with such information that everyone in the kingdom has gotten to know?” Kieran is the first to talk, bashing his words at Chester, who’s at the other end of the strategic table.

He bows his head lowly as he defends him, “My apologies, sire but I’m not sure. Perhaps not only I have a bird in our enemies post.”

Kieran wants to respond back but Kade waves his hand at him. “Now, what are we up to? How many men do we have available? How can we meet up with counts before the ambush?” Kade turns to his brothers. “Since they want to be dirty, I guess the knight’s code doesn’t count anymore then, does it?”

He’s asking from Kieran who shakes his head. “Not at all.” Afterwards, Kieran joins Chester along with the other two commanders to begin the planning.

They are still working on their best attack of surprise that they could use to catch their enemies on surprise, and at the same time, how to defend every walls of theirs, both the strong ones and weak ones, so they will not be penetrated easily, but suddenly, a wave of drowsiness overwhelms the senses of the triplets.

With an emotion of weakness and depression and powerlessness running through their veins, Kyle whispers. “Kaya.”

Chester is quick to say when the triplets suddenly want to leave the room when they are supposed to be making plans, “sire, you can’t leave us to make these plans alone. We’ve got to...”

“Chester, there’s a reason why you called you. There’s a much more important thing we need to attend to. In the meantime, make plans. We would criticize it later.” Kieran’s tone is a hastening train, wheeling fast and as soon as they finished, they hurry out of the room.

The brothers are in agreement that the wave is coming from Kaya, as none of them has a reason to feel so dim and empty of any life within them. Through the mark, they are able to find her on the roof of the kingdom. The triplets stop at first, watching as she walks staggeringly towards the end of the roof.

On Kade’s account, he watches her with a narrowed sight, evaluating that she is not herself.

“Kaya,” Kade begins. His eyes shift to his brothers whom he gives order to keep mute. As the scheming one, he understands the emotion that Kaya is passing through so he knows just what to say but what he hasn’t come to understand is why she feels that way.

Kaya turns to face him and she laughs. “Oh, just the set of people that I’d love to see.” She looks awful.

There’s blood stains on her gown, which has also been torn and tattered. Kade notices the dried blood that’s covering the skin of her lower part, right from her thighs down to her feet.

“What happened? How did you lose such heavy liters of blood?” He questions her with a calm tone as his face tilts to the side, reading her demeanour.

“It’s useless. I’m ruined. You all ruined me.” Kaya presses her lips together and licks it before she turns her face to the sun. “You know, I’ve always wondered why all rhis had to happen to me? I mean, I’d just be on my own, trying to stay alive for all the people that you killed because of what...oh, another one unanswerable question, and then, one of you would come and treat me like a rag doll. Like, if I have had such power that you did, I wouldn’t have defended myself or I wouldn’t have even beaten you to your game.” Kaya is speaking from a place of pain and anyone, especially Kade, can see the darkness inside her.

She is so angry to the state that it has even weakened her, and at this point, her brain doesn’t exactly know how to process the news that Helda told her. She doesn’t even know how to react to her new predicament. Another horror yet again, and she has to be the only one to suffer?

“It was such a easy feast. You could have just killed me when you killed my father and my brother. It was so easy, yet you kept me. Seven months! A whole seven months of punishment and I even had to carry a child that I never planned for. My life became a sort of nonsense where I have no say. You destroyed everything that I could ever stand for. You crushed me to the very end. All of you.”

She swallows her own saliva, causing her to pause slightly, “but anyone would think it should end there, wouldn’t they? They would think that, “oh, they must know that they’re hurting you so much,” but no, did you? It didn’t stop there. You killed Melisa and Aiden. What did they do? Oh, let’s forget Melisa, what did Aiden do to offend your Almighty, most powerful being?”

“Kaya, you need to clean up and rest.”

“I’m asking you a question, Kade?!” And that is the first time she would call Kade by his actual name right in front of him and with an angered tone.

“This is a command from your king. The kingdom is about to be attacked, and you must be safely hidden.”

“Oh, yes? Safely hidden so that you can still keep me. No, enough is enough.” She shouts back at Kade causing him to squint his eyes.

“Kaya, I’m ordering you...!”

She screams back at the top of her lungs, “And I am asking you a question of your guiltiness!” Her face reveals her anger, her hands are brawling, her forehead are wrinkling, and her inside is burning with loss and darkness, “and you will answer me!”

Finishing, a wave erupt from inside her, an effect that she’s been holding inside all this time. It sprouts out like a growth of heavy gust wind, releasing a sudden quake sound just before the triplets are sent off to the distance.

Kaya breathes heavily, her throat feeling tightened. Her eyes are glowing, and she is feeling a new presence within her. A voice calls inside her head right before she goes into a comatose state. “Hello, Kaya, I am your nature and I’ve been longing for when you’d connect with me.”

Soon, time streaks past till night and there’s the feeling of supernaturally unusual growing tension in the air. The wind is howling with every puff of it, a means to fidget at an arrival of something coming from the shadows.

“Tonight calls for blood, pain and suffering, but one most important thing, for victory. Tonight, we win and we tell those mother fuckers to take their dick and shove it inside their own ass.” Kieran is shouting at the top of his lungs as he addresses their subjects. The brothers are at the temple, where below are all the knights, already in their armour, ready for war.

Laughter roars in the air in response to Kieran’s joke. “Who would stand with us to tell these people with blood that we are unstoppable? Who would stand with us to show that we are not to be fucked up? Who would stand with us to show them that we are the strongest pack ever?!” Kieran scream out loud and everyone roars along with him.

After he’s done with the speech, Chester runs over to join the brothers. “What was that wave that happened earlier?”

“You felt it.”

“Anyone that has come in contact must have felt it. It’s undeniable. And what I felt, what what I’ve seen in my life, I don’t think tonight is going to end for us well.” Chester sounds very serious in his words.

Kade, Kieran, and Kyle looks at one another with a worried look in their eyes. Back in their room, they have lied Kaya down, as she is in a deep slumber.