58

58

3RD POV.

The brothers are seated, their eyes focused on the door, as they await the presence of the Alphas. They’ve received news that their visitors have entered the town, and they will soon enter the palace.

In readiness for the meeting, Kade, Kyle, and Kieran have linked their minds together to create three in one, so they can communicate their feelings, thoughts, and emotions with each other. And they have relied on Kade to do the talking since he’s also the Alpha between them. He would have what it takes—the aura—to confront them. If there’s one thing Kieran and Kyle are still susceptible to, it is the aura of the alphas, and it’s only when Kade is near that they could escape that.

There’s a creak followed by the door opening, and the Alphas walk into the room. The brothers adjust themselves on their seats, while Kade stands up with his arms widening in a welcoming gesture.

“It’s a pleasure to have you all here. I trust that your journey wasn’t very stressful.” Kade speaks with a soft tone but has risen enough to fill every hole in the room, and then he adds, “although, it leaves me at a mild unease, seeing that all five of you arrived at the same time.”

“That is something you lack when you act like the most powerful person in the room. It distances you from your friends. They grow stronger while you’re left behind.” The Luna amongst them clarifies before she steps forward and takes a seat.

The table separating all of them is spacious enough to make them take a perfect look at one another.

“Alpha Damon of the Crescent Moon Pack Alpha Frederick of the Woodville Pack Alpha Xander of the Northern Capital Pack. Alpha Lucas of the Southern Tail Pack. And lastly, Luna Olivia of the Red Moon Pack.” An announcement is made through Kade before he sits down at the head of the table.

With each acknowledgement that he makes, each owner of the name he calls makes a gesture of their presence.

When he’s finished, he starts. “Would you like to get treated to some food?”

“Please, just go straight to the point. There is no need to waste our time. I’d like to get back to my pack before sunset, and it is a long journey ahead.

“Of course, I understand.” Kade begins. He clears his throat. His eyes scan the presence of everyone in the room, including his brothers. Kieran has his pinky finger nails in his mouth to remove something that’s hooked between his teeth, while Kyle is relaxed on the chair with his back leaned against it as he breathes out through his parted lips and inhales with his nose.

“This meeting is called on the essence of peace. My brothers and I have thought of it, and we’ve seen that if this war should hold, it would only be a disaster.”

Luna Olivia of the Red Moon Pack scoffs softly, which causes Kade to pause. “Ah, alas, the talking drum comes to his senses.”

Kieran brawls with his fist, but Kade is quick to communicate with him with their thoughts that he should calm down. This is a peaceful meeting, and that means they must be calm and not cause any conflict. Although, at the back of Kade’s mind, he doesn’t believe that.

Having all the alphas here, including the Luna and his brothers, is like setting a landline bomb all across a field and sending a herd of animals to run through it. There’s no way there won’t be an explosion. It’s impossible that something won’t cause something to happen, and at the end, a disagreement would lead to a fight.

“I hope that you’ll come to understand my speech. I want this war to stop and never hold. If we fight ourselves and kill one another, this would only make way for our greatest enemies, who are hunters. In the middle of our scattering, they would come to destroy us all, and I trust that isn’t what any of us wish for.” Kade pauses for any of the people in front of him to speak.

Alpha Damon of the crescent moon pack starts, “you speak as though you have nobility towards our rules, but you don’t. You killed one of us, but now you want to understand your words?” He asks and looks around the room. The other alphas and Luna Olivia agree with him. “That’s aside from the point, though. The question is, Are you ready to leave the girl for us?”

Silence overwhelms the audience in the room; no one is talking. The alphas watch the brothers as they squint their own eyes in return.

“Trust me, brother, this is a bad idea. I’ve said it before, and I’m saying it again now.” Kieran says within the mind link, but Kade is a little bit still hopeful. Kyle, on the other hand, is unconcerned by whatever they are discussing, as he’s not even focused at all. His eyes are closed, and his head is dangled so that his face is focused heavenward.

“No.” Kade’s utterances and whispers fill the room.

Luna Olivia slams her hands onto the table, causing the poor wood to crack as it creaks. “Do you think you can fool us, Kade?” She’s spraying fire with the tone she begins with. Her eyes are burning with anger, and she doesn’t seem to be calm at all. “There is going to be war, and you would be the one to lose this time around. All the wolves are coming to see you all for who you are—a betrayal of our rules and laws. They are starting to see how much you would sacrifice your own just for the pleasure you derive from that witch.”

Kade slams his own fist onto the table as well, breaking it more. “What do you mean, woman? Watch your tongue!”

“Oh, is there no knife there to cut it off for me? I shall speak! You will not silence me! Not like you did, my mate. I think of it every night. I wonder why you keep the girl. She must be important. There must be something that keeps you wanting to protect her. And I have come to a conclusion. We are creatures of the moon, and the only fault we have is the love our hearts are cursed to bear. I can only understand one thing. The witch is your mate, isn’t she?”

The other alphas snarl, mutterings filling the room as Luna Olivia claims with so much assuredness. She sounds so sure of herself. “You will not tell me otherwise. We aren’t fools. We are rulers of a nation; do not think you can twist our reasoning. And when I wondered more, I saw that she wasn’t just a mate to one but to all three of you. That’s why you would protect her so much. That is why you would go against your own people just for...love?” She laughs so much that you’d think it was her lottery day. “Even monsters who claim to have no heart can love, and they seem to love hard. It’s a wonder indeed.”

Her eyes are narrowed at the brothers.

“This is absurd. I will not accept this assault!” Kieran shouts at them, standing up, and Alpha Damon does the same with the same anger as Kieran’s.

“The truth hurts so much, does it not?”

“If you don’t want this war, you will give up the girl and release Alaric’s pack. We have played nice enough.” Alpha Damon shouts back at the brothers.

The room has tensed up, burning with fire, and the fuel used to spark it doesn’t seem to be stopping anytime soon. Everyone is raged with pure anger inside them.

In the middle of the tension, the door opens to reveal Kaya. She takes a few staggered steps inside before she falls to the ground, and she is holding a side of her arm that is bleeding from a deep cut.

She’s gasping for help, and her eyes are dilated from a heavy concussion as if she had been hit on the head. Her heart is beating fast, and it seems she’s losing her breath, as it has lowered from a normal one.

On the triplet side, they forget the meeting instantly and run towards her.