60

3RD POV.

The woods are in disturbance with the heavy turbulence being released by the two strong wolves in them. Their hastened paces cut weeded paths within the woods.

Kade is almost catching up with the attacker. His brows furrow in response to his thoughts and anticipation in eagerness to know the reason behind this attacker, attacking Kaya, only when she is left alone in the room. He has sniffed the attacker, and he doesn’t know his scent, which means whoever hired him must have done that for a specific reason; they must have traveled far away from their kingdom just to hire this assassin.

Kade’s now rhymes with the assassin, and brutally, he cuts through the distance between them, his body biting past the woods till he catches the assassin, but when they lose their momentum into the air, his hold on the assassin is released.

They tumble continuously in the air at the loss of stamina, both their bodies hitting hard against the woods. As soon as they stop, Kade hurries up and proceeds towards the assassin. He doesn’t even show an ounce of painful facial expression as his bones reset and heal.

Arriving in front of the assassin, he grabs him by his neck as he is naked, having been forced to change back into a human shape by the hefty loss of equilibrium.

“You will tell me in this instance why you’ve decided to hurt that girl. Who sent you?” When the assassin opens his lips in response to Kade’s command, blood is the only thing that spurts out. He coughs out more of them, the crimson liquid streaming down one side of his lips.

“My job is either to kill her or make her run into that room. I’ve achieved one of them. I’ve got no reason to tell you any damn thing. Take your dick and go fuck yourself if you’re so pissed, cunt.” The assassin mocks with a glint of joy in his tone. He’s achieved his goal, and that’s his own joy. He cares less about anything else.

Kade tightens his hold on the assassin, causing more blood to stream down the side of his face as he groans out in pain.

“I command you...” Kade lets out his alpha aura, bending the assassin to his will.

“But unfortunately, that won’t work.” Says the assassin just before he hits Kade on the wrist, breaking his bone enough for him to release himself.

“It seems you don’t hire assassins as much, do you?” The assassin begins, and he’s right. The triplets themselves are too much of an assassin to ever need to hire one to do their dirty jobs for them. Plus, they aren’t cowards. They would kill a person with the person knowing that it was them who did it. They would poison with the acknowledgement that it was their doing. “Any trained assassin is immune to the aura of the likes of you. It’s an advantage we have.”

Kade grits his teeth, snarling with utter fury within him, but before he could grab the assassin by his neck and crush him to death, the assassin grabbed a branch and poked it into his own chest. It cuts through his sternum to his heart and comes out of his back.

Kade is not one bit shocked as he mutters, “such a waste of information and time.”

His brain picks back to Kaya and his brothers, followed by him dashing with insane speed back to the kingdom.

“You’re a betrayal to all of your subjects and to this land.” Alpha Damon starts before he yanks his claws at Kieran’s face.

But he crouches, dodging the attack. “I don’t want to attack you. It would be treason to beat an Alpha, wouldn’t it now? Stop this insanity, and everyone can go back to their nation to prepare appropriately for the war.” Kieran is trying to reason in a sarcastic manner with Alpha Damon, who is even more pissed at his words.