12

12

Kaya’s POV.

The ride has been going on for God knows how long, and it’s now tiring.

My ass cheeks hurt from sitting in one position for the past half an hour that I’ve been inside this space. The triplets don’t say anything to me, which I’m glad for because I don’t think I can even hold a conversation. .

Yes, I am still traumatized by what happened earlier. I thought Kieran was the only one capable of doing what Kade did, but then, thinking about it, Kade never showed me who he was.

What am I even saying?

None of the brothers have shown me their all. I don’t know what else they’ve got up their sleeves.

Anyway, taking that off of my mind in the meantime, I have watched the beauty of the road as we passed by. It’s alluring how it’s filled with people beautifying nature, except those people are vile—they are werewolves.

At this point, I am coming to the conclusion that all werewolves are cruel, uncultured, and savage.

All of their eyes that have ever been placed on me reveal nothing but hatred, but why do they hate witches? I have no idea.

Concerning the triplets, theirs is even more deep.

Kade’s eyes fall to the hand clock in his palm. “In ten minutes, we should arrive at the party. We have a sharp talk with the Alpha of Crestwood,” and how does that concern me? Oh, just as I ask within myself, he adds with a soft chuckle, “But that isn’t your worry, is it?”

He sips on a drink. I didn’t realize he had it in his hands all this time. “You will be a distraction. I need to capture the attention of the Alpha enough for trouble to stir up.”

I don’t understand how he expects me to do that.

“Now, I do not expect you to talk unless we speak to you and request an answer through an interrogation. You do not act or think on your own, except for whatever we place inside your brain. That’s pretty much it. You can do that, right, little thing?”

Hastily, I nod my head in affirmation. “Of course, yes. Yes.” Clearing my throat, I repeat. Then, feeling a lump in my throat, I force it down.

My heart is starting to spike up a beat, a churning sensation releasing into my blood enough to stir the settlement in my stomach lining. It’s a feeling of tension and not knowing what will happen tonight.

These guys are indeed letting me know what it means to be their toy. I am a bait tonight to grab the attention of an Alpha, whose name on Kade’s tongue tastes like he’s just as wicked as they are.

Out of nowhere, a change in gravity jerks me forward. We come to a sudden stop.

“We are here.” A croaky tone lands in my hearing, and I suddenly feel a coldness in my feet, yet it wets from sweat.

I’m trying hard to hide my emotions, but they are like a hurricane waiting to gust into the wind once I release them.

A hand settles on my shoulder when we alight. Seeing that it’s Kyle, I center my eyes back on the building. “Don’t worry, you should be fine. And if you feel tense, which you do, I can give you some dicking.”

He laughs at the manner in which my face changes its disposition, and he goes to meet his brothers. While they are having a whispering conversation that I can never eavesdrop on, I focus on the view in front of me.

As much as I cannot underwrap my astonishment, I hate that werewolves have rooted their unfairness, filthiness, and evilness into the ground of this earth.