49

49

Kaya’s POV.

My fingers hurt as I’ve been working since this morning. I have the triplets to thank for that.

“Oh, it’ll be over soon, Kaya.” I have been repeating this in my head like a mantra. And trust me, it’s only the truth, because I’m about to get out of this hell of a place.

My escape is soon—tonight, finally. The brothers have been so occupied with the war coming up that they have no reason to think about me, and having gotten the key this morning, I shall make use of it tonight. May the sun set soon.

I grunt lightly as I open the door, its annoying sound reaching into my ears. I’m inside the triplets room with a mopping stick and a bucket filled with water, which is already mixed with soap.

Since I was lowering my gaze, it took me a while to notice the stress evident in their eyes. It’s so crazy how I haven’t seen them look so bothered before.

They aren’t even looking at me, much less throwing daggers of awful glances at me. I don’t know if I’m supposed to feel relieved by that or not. It’s unsettling how mute they are.

Kieran is standing across the study table. There is some paper work in his hands, which has gotten him muttering some words under his breath. Kyle, from another point of view, is resting on one of the many couches in the room. He has his eyes closed with one of his arms draped over his forehead.

And then Kade has his hair messy as his head is down and his view is earthward.

The tension in the room isn’t suffocating this time around but is somber, and being that I’ve never felt such before, it perplexes me.

Anyway, I focus on my work. A few moments later, I am almost done, and the sun has practically settled as well. The sky is filled with crumbles of dark and orange clouds that block the stars from shining brightly, and the moon is unfortunately hidden behind its shadows.

The door creaks open all of a sudden. My eyes shoot up when I hear the sounds of heels clicking. I don’t have to look before I know the girls who own them. The girls walk in, and as usual, Alana goes to Kyle.

“You call for us, sire.” She speaks with such an ethereal voice that one would think she is an angel. No, she’s far from it.

“See her boobs. Small like my fist in a brawl.” My subconscious speaks, and I laugh inwardly. On the outside, my face is mildly humorous.

“Yes, love...” replies Kyle.

Kieran’s voice is a growl that shakes every ounce of my nerve, and it’s not even me he’s growling at. “We are at a climax, Kyle. Can you not think?”

“My apologies for thinking with my dick. I am stressed, and the only way I know to clear that out is by fucking some cunt, brother.” Kyle speaks like what he’s saying is nothing short of normalcy, as though it’s an every-day conversation that anyone can have.

Kieran sucks air through his teeth before he rolls his eyes. Clara whispers lightly into Kieran’s ears, “my Lord, please calm.”

“Get your hands off of me.”

“Why are you being difficult?” Clara has spoken out of turn before she realizes, and her eyes widen at the realization. Kieran frowns lightly but confusingly; there’s also amusement in his eyes. “I’m sorry, my Lord, but it’s just that I don’t understand.”

“Continue speaking, please. I’m assuring you that you are allowed to speak freely.”

Oops. I know that tone—funnily and surprisingly enough. Kyle once used that trick on me too.