Moved On : L.J

8 Years Ago

" You know I love you right." I smiled as my girlfriend of six months said as she hugged me from behind.

We met at the cafe shop, at the cafe shop I work at. She's 16. We don't go to the same school since she's from a wealthy family. Me on the other hand I'm not. I'm poor I guess you could say. I have to work just to make sure I can go to school. My mom works as well but she only has enough money to put food on the table and to make sure that we have a roof to sleep under.

So I had to get a job.

When Lauren and I first started talking and hanging I didn't want her to think that I was only with her because she was rich. So when she would take me out I'd made make sure that she wouldn't buy me anything but again she's very stubborn. She understood that I felt uncomfortable so she stopped sometimes.

In just a short amount of time I found myself falling in love with her. I know it's fast but I see myself with her for the rest of my life. She makes me happy. And that's all that matters.

****

"Y/N can I talk to you." I looked from where I was reading my book I pushed up my glasses and saw Lauren. I smiled but it quickly faded when I saw the look on Lauren's face.

"Yea of course." I said closing my book and putting it in my bah. I got up throwing my bag over my shoulders. She nodded and walked off signaling me to follow her. I frowned and followed her.

Why is she acting like this. She's acting weird. Almost distant.

She stopped once we reached a tree. It had a good distance from the library not a lot of people were around.

"Lauren what's wrong." I asked as she stopped walking but had her back to me. I went to touch her shoulder but she turned around giving the most blank look.

"Y/N we can't be together anymore." She said looking at me with those killer eyes.

"Wh-What?" My heart breaking.

"I never loved you Y/N. You were just another girl to me. If you really thought that someone like me would ever like someone you. Than you are stupid. I'm done playing this game. I got better things to do." And with that she walked away.

I stood there with tears rolling down my cheeks. My heart felt like it was ripped out and stomped on. She was first my first everything. First kiss. First time. I wasn't ready but she made me feel like I was.

I kept my gaze down as I walked the other way. Towards my house.

Never would I have thought that Lauren would do this to me. Our of all people I didn't think she would do this.

I looked down when I felt my phone ring.

"H-Hello?"

"Is this Y/N Y/LN?"

"Y-Yes May I ask who's asking?"

"This is Memorial Lake Hospital. I'm sorry to inform you but your mother has been involved in a serious accident. I'm sorry to say but she doesn't have a lot of time."

I quickly stopped walking feeling like my heart was going to give up on me. I told the lady that I'll be their as soon as I can.

****

Present

I'm now 23. After my mother passed away it was hard. I had to go to a foster care cause I had no one else. I never knew my dad. I had to stay in a foster house for almost a year. That's when a man came and took me with him. Later found out that he was my real father.