Concrete Angel: D.J

You're 5 in this one.

"What the hell did I say?! You stupid worthless child!" I jumped when I heard my mother's voice. I kept my head knowing very well that if I look up and she sees that I'm crying she'll hit me.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you!" I then felt a sharp pain coming from the side of my head. I fell to the floor but I wasn't there for long. I was then harshly lifted up by arm. Her grip on my arm is so tight enough to leave a bruise.

**

I laid on the floor crying trying to get up. After my mother gave me my regular beating she left leaving me alone in the house.

It hurt so much. My tummy hurts along with my head. Everything hurts.

I may be only five but I know what I'm doing when I picked up my little teddy bear and my stitch back pack. I put my little water bottle in there along with some cookies and left the house as I hugged stitch for dear life.

I don't want to stay in that house any more.

*

I don't know who long I've been walking for but my feet hurt now. I looked up when it started raining. I quickly put stitch in my bag so he wouldn't get wet.

I looked around to see threat I was the only one outside. I jumped when I heard the thunder. That was followed by lightening and full on rain. It was like full on pouring. I sighed and put my bag down on a bench. I hoped on the bench with some struggle cause I was very small for a five year old. I held my bag to my chest as I started to shiver.

**

Five?

Seven?

Nine?

I don't know how long I've been on the streets. But it's been a long time since I've had an actual meal. My stomach is getting really small I feel smaller to but I've always been small.

I still had my small back pack and stitch with me but other than that. I had nothing.

I had no food.

No money.

No one to love me.

No one who cared about me.

No one.

I sat down on the ledge of the bridge I held on tightly to stitch as I looked down. It's now or never, right? Why do I want to leave in a world where no one loves me.

***

Dinah's POV

I smiled as I waved goodbye to the fans. I got into the car and drove off. It was a late Monday night and it was getting dark and it also looked like it was going to rain. I drove to my apartment slowly.

But I quickly stopped when I saw a small figure on the edge of the bridge. I felt my heart stop. What the hell is a small child doing on the edge of a fucking bridge. I got out and quickly but quietly ran towards the small girl.

"'tay 'ack." The voice sounded so broken. I stopped when I was right by her side. She held to her small teddy beat tightly as she looked down at the water. I can't let her jump. I won't let her jump there's no way.

"Sweetie you don't want to do that. Please get off the ledge." She shook her head as her tears fell along with the rain.

"Why? 'o o'e 'oves me." She cried as she took a stop closer to the edge. My heart broke at the sound of her voice. She sounded so broken. Where the fucking hell is her mother. Or father.

"Baby honey look at me." I got up on the edge standing right next to her. She was so small. She had to be at least four maybe three. She looked at me with her beautiful light brown eyes they were filled with so much sadness.

"I don't know what you are going through at such a young age. You shouldn't even have any problems. Only problems you should have is trying to figure out what kind of candy you want." I don't know why I'm taking to four year old like she was a teen. I don't even know if she can under stand me.

"You really shouldn't do what you want to do. You got your whole life ahead of you. You're really young. I don't think Stitch would be very happy if he was left alone." She looked down at the stitch that was close to her chest.

"'ou 'ave." She kissed the top of Stitch's head as she handed the bear to me. I shook my head. "Nope I don't think he wants to come with a stranger and leave a cutie like yourself." She looked down at the water and then back at the bear.

"You know I got Angel I'm pretty sure that Stitch here would love to meet her. And I sure don't want to take him. He wants to be held by you." I said with a smile. She looked up at me the sadness in her eyes still there but not as much as the first time.

"'ou 'ice 'ady." I smiled I could barely understand her but I could understand her perfectly. If that makes sense.

"I promise th-otay." I smiled and helped her down the edge. Her feet touched the ground and she looked up at me. I smiled slightly holding out my hand.

"'o 'urt?" I shook my head and bent down to her size. "I will never hurt you."

"Otay."

***

😊✌🏽

-M