The Popular Girl: D.J

Dinah Jane. There's a lot of things that can describe her. Confident. Beautiful. Strong. Independent. There's just something about her that makes me feel so weird. Like the feeling I get when I look at her I've never felt before. The problem is though it's that she's Ms.Popular and well we don't talk. She's know as the popular kid along with her four best friends. One of her friend is the captain of the cheer/dance team thats Normani, Lauren is the captain of the softball team, Ally is the lead singer in the glee and Camila is the co-captain of the soccer team. And Dinah herself is the captain of the basketball team.

As for me well I'm just me. Nothing special.

I sat at the empty table in the back of the library as I did my homework. It was lunch but I never liked going into the cafeteria for many reasons. So I just quietly ate my lunch in the library. To many people here at school I'm considered as the nerd. The schools nerd. You could say I get picked on some days. Most days actually. I'd be lucky if they didn't slushy me or throw my things in the trash can. They've done that before.

I let out a small sigh as shook my head and fixed my glasses as I continued my homework. I felt someone sit next to me. I felt myself tense up a bit. Why would anyone sit next to me? I don't really have friends. Wait I actually don't have friends here. And teachers don't count.

I quietly packed my bag when I heard the bell ring. I smiled slightly to the librarian who waved at me, I waved back and exited the library. I made my way to my class which was history. But when I turned the corner someone bumped into me. Making me crash into the lockers. "Watch where you're going nerd." I heard the all too familiar voice. I mumbled a quiet sorry keeping my gaze down as I clutched my book to my chest.

"Whatever." With that she walked bumping shoulders with me. I let out a small sigh of relief when she walked away. I quickly went to my class seeing as she also had that class. I entered the class and saw that she was already looking at me. I sat in the back kept my gaze down.

*

"Y/N, Dinah stay seated please." I looked up from my backpack and nodded. But why. Why did I have to stay? Was I in trouble? Why did Dinah have to stay?

"Okay Dinah your grade for my class is low. Really low and in order for you to play in next weeks game you have to raise it up. If you don't you'll be benched."

"What?! You can't do that! I'm the captain." I flinched at the loud voice. Even though it wasn't directed to me but still. She did have a scary angry voice."

"Yes I can. You don't raise your grade you'll be benched. That's why you'll have Y/N's help. She's my best student and she'll be able to help you."

What? Me? Uh how do I say no with out sounding rude.

"Ugh fine." With that she stormed out of the class. Now don't get me wrong I'd love to help her if she was nice. But she's not. I looked at the teacher who rolled their eyes and looked back at me. "If she doesn't show up. Tell me and you won't have to tutor her." I nodded and left the classroom to see that Dinah was standing right there looking at me. Oh shi

"Look I really need to raise my grade up for next weeks game. So I'll meet you at the the library after school." With that she walked away.

*

I sat alone in the library once again. But this time I was waiting for Dinah to show up. Instead of going to practice like she's supposed to she has to come to the library and I'm pretty sure she doesn't want to be here. I took out my notes and my history book. I looked over my notes and made up a small study guide. I looked down at the time to see that she was already five minutes late.