Chapter 2

The week had gone far to quickly considering my classes liked to weigh down my days

The week had gone far to quickly considering my classes liked to weigh down my days. Heather reminded each day about the party at the end of the week. The banter between her and Cam about the night's events only seemed to grow as the week came closer to an end.

Sitting cross legged on my bed, I watched as my friend threw clothes out of my closet that I would have to clean up tomorrow. This was her territory though. Fashion. Make-up. Really all things you could find in Cosmo or Vogue.

"Can't I just wear jeans and cute top?"

"You will not be making your big debut looking like yourself. No offense, but the grungy tomboy look is out of style. You have such cute clothes and you never wear them." She held up a denim skirt and I knew instantly what she was thinking.

"No way," I shook my head.

"Consider this part of the experience," she threw the skirt at me. Returning to my closet she searched for a top. She held up a black beaded tank and nodded approvingly. "Get dressed so we can do your make-up."

Two hours later and we were finally arriving to the party with Cam in tow. Heather waved to people who called her as we weaved our way through the house. She blew kisses to a few boys who whistled at us. I could feel Cam rolling his eyes as he brought up the rear. We entered the kitchen and Heather waved her hands at the rows of alcohol displayed on the counter.

"Ladies and gents, choose your poison."

"I'm driving," Cam stated grabbing for a bottle of water. Heather looked at me with a mischievous smirk.

"And you my dear?"

"She'll have water, too," Lucas' voice boomed. I spun around and stared at my brother who looked disapprovingly at me. His neck turned red as he looked at me, "What the hell are you wearing?"

"Doesn't she look stunning," Heather answered. I could hear liquid splashing into a cup as she poured a drink.

"Not exactly," he muttered.

"Calm down, Luke," I whispered, trying to appeal to his kinder side, "We aren't going to be here long. Just a few hours. Nothing can happen in a few hours, right?"

"Who you talking to, Luke," Shane slung his arm over my brother's shoulders before squinting at me. "Lainy? You look..."

"Like you're going home, now," Lucas growled.

"Come on, bro. Let the girl have some fun," Shane shook my brother before letting him go and grabbing my hand. "What do you say to a dance?"

"I'm terrible at dancing," I shied away at the idea.

"I remember," Shane nudged my brother out of the way as he tugged me back to where people had formed a dance floor. Parting like the Red Sea, onlookers watched as the quarterback dragged me to the center of the mob. Girls shot me dirty looks, while boys leered at me. I mirrored his motions before I felt like a complete idiot and laughed. He chuckled and grabbed my hands in his, using them guide me.