Chapter 23

Cam didn't say anything as he took a large bite of his taco

Cam didn't say anything as he took a large bite of his taco. Heather looked at me with skepticism. She had been there when I told Jasper off, and again when I told the guys. Even after two days, she still had her doubts. Cam, apparently, couldn't care less. My nerves have been in overdrive all day. Now, one of my best friends couldn't look at me. Heather nudged him and when he looked up at her, she gestured to me. With a shake of his head, he took another bite of his lunch.

"Say something," I urged.

"You're going to try to be the first string quarterback. What do you need me to say?"

"I want you to tell me something supportive."

"You have my support," he shrugged.

"Useless," I muttered.

"To be completely fair," Heather put a hand on Cam's shoulder to stop him from saying anything. "You were spitting fire when you found out. One run in with Jasper and the Westing team and suddenly you're on board. Who's to say you don't back out before the end of this year?"

"Why all the sad faces," Finn asked as he sat beside me. His arm slung across my shoulders as he planted a kiss on my cheek.

"I've got to finish a paper," Cam grumbled as he dropped the last of his taco on the tray. He left the table and Heather tagged along after him.

"I don't think Cam likes me."

"Cam doesn't like anyone."

"So, Saturday," I nodded, "Ocean's Eleven followed by Breakfast Club?"

"Ferris Bueller's Day Off," I pointed at him.

"Ferris it is. I'll grab the junk food, if you get the pizza." I kissed his lips softly.

"Deal."

"Shane mentioned having people over after the dance."

"Do you want to go?"

"If we are still awake after the movies, I thought it could be fun."

"Just show up in our sweats on a sugar high?"

"If that's what you want," he smiled, resting his forehead against mine. "I want to make sure you don't miss out on anything."

"I told you I'm okay missing the dance."

"Missing the dance, I believe you." He leaned back as tilted his head. "But you mentioned shopping for dresses with Heather. If there is any part of you that wants to go out then we should go out."

"Okay," I smiled, "But then we're skipping your movie so I have time to get ready."

"When did you become the sort who cared about appearances?"

"Since I plan on making a statement."

"Not that little dress from before," his brows jumped. It was cute how territorial he had gotten since we had started dating. Owen would get within three feet of me, and Finn was ready to throw a punch. I could see the flicker in his eyes as he remembered the dress.