Chapter 35

The party was in full swing in a matter of minutes

The party was in full swing in a matter of minutes. Heather and I had staked our claim to two loungers before the guests could steal them. It helped that Joseph would fill in for us when we wanted to cool off in the pool. Our cups never ran empty and the music had my mind swaying in time with my body. Maybe it was actually the cheap beer. Either way, I was flying high above the recent concerns.

Giggles escaped Heather from her place on the lounger. She was situated between Joseph's spread legs, her back resting against his chest. I admired them with envy for a second before my eyes followed his finger. Poor Lucas was being chewed out by Lily at the far end of the patio. Shane was finding excuses as Jade interrupted his attempts to flirt with two girls from the dance team.

When Keegan plopped down at the edge of my lounge chair, I crossed my legs and wrapped my arms around his neck. His back flush against my bikini clad top. A smirk was shot in my direction from over his shoulder as his hand fell over my arm. He held up a fresh cup of beer. I took it from him, one arm remaining in place.

"You're going to want to slow down," Joseph chuckled. I flipped him off, lifting the cup to my lips.

"So," Keegan whispered, loud enough for only me to hear. "Is your friend here yet?"

"He said he'll be here after work." I sighed releasing him and scooted back. He turned to face me, one leg on the lounger. "I really hope you two hit it off."

"It'll be interesting to see how the team reacts."

"Are you going to tell them?" He gave a weak shrug. "Cam's pretty open about his sexuality. He will put up a fight if you ask him to keep it quiet."

"Most people who are open tend to be overly confident. I'm kind of hoping that we can spend the last bit of the season getting to know each other. It's stupid. Isn't it."

"Not if it all works out." I gave him a reassuring smile. The two of them would be like Romeo and Juliet. Well, if Juliet was actually a Joel. The football player and the nerd. A love story for the ages. Cam needed to get out of his dry spell. Focusing on his issues helped me avoid my own standing in the pool. His back was resting against the wall, his arms stretched out on the concrete.

Staring at the grooves of muscle had my murky mind filling with lewd thoughts. Remembering the warmth of his ripped body under my hands. The way he would shiver at my touch. The way his lips fluttered kisses across my collar bone. Exploring just enough to show respect, yet still enjoying my flesh. Joseph was right. I should slow down on the beer.

My brow furrowed as my brother swam toward Finn. He mirrored his position, leaning back against the wall with his fingers flirting with the water. The itch to go over there was slowly taking root alongside the one to wrap myself around the copper haired boy. The flash of a smirk on my brother's face made my head swim through the possible topics. Out of solidarity, Lucas had kept his distance from Finn. I believed they did talk, but never when I was around.