Chapter 28

Other than her constant need for attention, Lily was everything and then some

Other than her constant need for attention, Lily was everything and then some. She made decent grades, went to school functions and knew how to party. The golden hair and bright blue eyes that lead to her perfectly fit body didn't hurt either.

The guys had given me a hard time when she first started hanging around. I could tell when she started getting ignored, or the guys just stared at her when she spoke, that they weren't accepting her. Even Blaine hadn't spent more than a few minutes with her. They could be in the room for hours and not say a word.

Blaine was even willingly going out with Heather to the mall and the salon. If she wasn't with Heather, she was with Finn. It was as if she was taking my place in my group of friends. I knew deep down I wasn't being pushed out, or excluded. It was because none of them knew how to handle Lily.

"So, I think we should skip the field party this weekend," Lily chirped from beside me. My hand hovered over the Algebra wedged in my locker.

"What," I glanced at her. She was running her fingers through her curls.

"You said your dad is out of town, and Blaine will follow Finn wherever he ends up. That means," she rested her hand on my arm. She leaned closer, her voice was filled with more than just hope as her breath tickled my skin. "Your place will be completely empty."

"It will," I mumbled as I slammed my locker shut.

"Lil," Jade's annoying voice cut off what her friend was about to say. I looked over my shoulder and caught sight of the human equivalent of a gnat. It was the only thing I agreed with the others on. Lily looped her arm with Jade's as she walked past.

"We'll talk about it after practice." She waved at Jade when she asked what we were talking about. I watched as they sauntered down the hall. A heavy arm fell across my shoulders and I pushed it away.

"Buh-Bye, Lily," Shane waved his hand.

"Why do you have to be an ass?"

"Because your raidar sucks, man. She's got something up her teeny-tiny skirt, but you're too distracted by the denim."

"What's up her skirt is not something you need to worry yourself with." I started on my trek to class with Shane hot on my heels.

"She's got you wrapped around that finger of hers."

"No she doesn't," I snapped too quickly.

"Then why did Finn tell me that Blaine's been crashing over there when she's not at Heather's. Hell, she's stayed at my place twice since the party."

"She has?" We were standing outside of our class. The books in my hand suddenly feeling heavy.

"The fact that her big-bad-protective brother hasn't noticed her absence," Shane shrugged walking backwards toward class. "Speaks louder than anything else in this world."