💖Chapter 1💖

CHAPTER ONE

Ebun had a perfect life, being a doctor in Atlanta, America. After a hectic day at work, Ebun,
still clad in her blue scrub, tiredly went back to her apartment which was on the third floor.

From afar off, she noticed the door was ajar. The only person who had keys to her house was her two best friend, Charlotte and Mide. 

She picked up her phone putting a call through to Charlotte "Hey, did you by any means stop by at the house? Or you're currently at the house"
"No. Why would you ask?" Charlotte asked and she sighed in worry.

"I met the door opened, I mean it was literally opened,"
"Like the door pushed from the knob open?" Charlotte asked and she nodded.
"Yes"
"Oh my God, are you sure it's not a break in?" She asked and Ebun shrugged.
"How am I supposed to know?"
"Call Mide" she suggested, "He might be the one"
"You're right" Ebun sighed then she called him.

Mide was no. 1 on her speed dial. They've been friends for six years. She met Mide through Charlotte and they've been best of friends ever since.

"Ebun, ki lo de?" He asked and she exhaled, "Are you at home" "Yes I'm at home"
"My house?"
"No. Mine actually, why?"
"Jesus! Now I'm officially scared"
"Ki lo de? Mase beru ba mi (Don't make get me scared)"

"I got back home from work and the door was opened! Ilekun wa si si ( the door was opened)" she repeated in Yoruba.
"Mide I'm scared, I don't think I can enter"
"What are you so scared of?"
"There has been some recent break in okay? I don't think I can enter. What if there's a thief in there? Or what if it's those evil people from my state?"
"Maybe they're the ones" he answered and her heart leapt in fear. She obviously knew he was being sarcastic but the thought of it scared her.
"Don't joke about that kind of thing"
"You made the assumption not me. I was just kidding" he laughed and she rolled her eyes.

"Just go in, I'm pretty sure it's nothing scary. The thief must have left" he assured and she exhaled.
Ebun ended the call hoping to God he was right.

"Hello Gift" a next door neighbor, Jake called out and she flashed a smile at him. Those who can't pronounce her name usually refer to her as 'Gift' which is the English meaning for Ebun.
He had a grocery bag in his hands and that flirty look in his blue-greenish eyes.

There was something different about him that night, Ebun couldn't really put her hands on it, perhaps it was his newly dyed blonde hair.

Jake was an American of average heights, good looking too. He had likable characteristics, Ebun found him attractive but she rather found herself bluntly refusig his proposal because she was hung on another man.

"Your hair" she pointed out and he chuckled.
"Do you like it? I was thinking if changing it up a bit, you know, trying something different. I have never tried blonde"
"Really?"
"Yeah" he chuckled then he nodded towards the door,  "Are you okay?" He asked and Ebun shook her head.
"No. I just got back and I saw my door opened. I'm really scared to go in"
"You mind I..." He asked and she stared at him not knowing whether to trust him or not.
"I promise not to bite or pull any kiss stunt"
"And if you do?"
"I give you my word" he promised .
Jack took the lead pushing the door slightly. There was no one in the living room but she could hear laughter coming from the kitchen.

She rolled her eyes.

It was Charlotte and Mide. She rushed in angrily on them then she crossed her arms across her chest.

They both turned towards her and munching on pizzas and drinking Coca-Cola soda.

Jake walked into the kitchen too.