💖Chapter 5💖

️Chapter Five❤️

Many, many years ago, the Yoruba told tales about a spirit child, one predestined to die. Many experienced it, some didn't even wish it upon their worst enemy.

After six years of waiting upon the gods for a child, Chief Aderopo's home was finally blessed with the cry of a child; a beautiful girl they named "Moyoade".

Iya Moyoade was blessed with a boy afterwards and they named him Adelabi.

At the age of ten, Moyo was bethroted to the fifteen years old Prince.

One evening, Iya Moyoade sat outside on a mat enjoying the cool breeze nature had to offer.
Then she called her daughter out from the hut and she came out with her bushy and thick hair.

She gazed proudly at her then she patted the floor and Moyoade sat on it.

Her mother positioned her in between her laps then she ran a pine her through her hair drawing a straight line from the front of her hair to the back then she started weaving it.

At the same time, she showered her with Yoruba Eulogies. Their discussion ensued in Yoruba.

"Mom is it true that things don't always end up the way they should?" She asked and her mother wondered where the question came from.

"Well... With patience my dear, everything will work out as planned. That's what I believe"
"The other day, someone told me the prince might grow up and not want me again. Is that true?"

"Who said such rubbish? Who else is beautiful in this village apart from you? Let them get jealous. It doesn't change the fact you're the one who will someday get married to the prince and give him the children he deserves" It's Moyoade whispered in her daughter's ears which caused her to giggle.
It also motivated her.

Moyo heard drums so she turned her head sideways to see where it was coming from. "Position your head well" her mother turned her head and she groaned.

"I wanted to know where the drumming was coming from"

"What drum?" He mother asked, "The drumming sound" she answered and the sound seized instantly.

"I can't hear it again. I thought.." She trailed off.

"Mom I'm thirsty, can I go and get water to drink?" She asked and her mother permitted her.
Just after taking five steps away from where the mother stood, the drumming began once again and Moyoade fell to the ground.
Her whole body vibrated violently and her mother ran towards her then she cried out for help.

"She can go anytime" the Ifa priest noted and Chief Aderopo tried to remain strong but Iya Moyoade on the other hand fell to the ground wailing uncontrollably.

After crying, Iya Moyo entered into the shrine where Moyoade laid on a white piece of cloth. Moyo had already regained consciousness.

Her mother sat on the cloth just close to her, tears were building up but she tried to control it from pouring down.

She wanted to remain strong for her.

"How are you feeling?" She asked but Moyo kept quiet.

"The drum.... I can't stop hearing it. They're coming to take me away " she blurted out looking at her mother.

"Who said so?"

"A woman, she said my journey is up and I should say goodbye to you. I don't understand what she meant by that. Mother I don't want to go yet, I want to grow up and get married to the prince and have children"
"And who says you're going anywhere? See, no one can force you to do anything you don't want to. You're going to stay for a very long time, and you'll get married to the prince. Have you heard?"