💖Chapter 40💖

PS: The image above is Omowunmi Dada as Tinuke

Chapter 40 (Unedited)

Mama Orji escorted Mrs Peters out of her home, after she informed ger about her trip back to Lagos. Her visit halted Fortunate's plan to meet Mide outside the gate. "You have to take everything at ease with that woman." Mrs Peters advised,  "I wish you saw how she insulted the three of us all at once yesterday. It wasn't nice! But heaven knows that I didn't say anything bad to her, okay I called her ekwensu but she didn't hear me. Who am I lying to? I would have given her back if she had waited"

"The woman is a nice woman,"

"Ogini Nice? Nice for where? Abeg, if them dey count nice people, you for count that one join?"

"Personally, I feel like you two are two peas in a pod. Two captains in a ship, one has to subdue unless the ship will wreck"

"It can't be me subduing! God forbid! What is she always feeling like sef?"

Fortunate who was dressed in a native top and back trousers finally caught up to her. "My daughter is here, safe journey to you. May God protect you"

"Amen"

"Greet your husband for me too"

"I will" Mrs Peters answered then Mama Orji left her alone with Fortunate. "There's just something about your presence that makes me feel at ease." Fortunate pointed out,
"

Thank you" Mrs Peters replied, "Don't forget the key my key advise, don't say much, you have apologized, now just make it consistent and trust me, you might get an apology back"

"Maybe she's just like Mide" Fortunate muttered, "I don't know what that means but yes, maybe"

"Are you going directly to the park?"

"No. I want to stop somewhere, I was contemplating whether to stop because of my husband but I have questions that needs to be answered. You're going to meet Mide right?"

"Yes Ma. I'm even late"

"I knew he wasn't fine when i saw him yesterday. His mother should have herself checked out too. It was nice to see you again Fortunate" she said and Fortunate leaned in for a warm embrace.

"You too Ma"

"The next time I'll be invited here, it better be for the wedding in a harmonious environment"

"Hopefully. Amen" Fortunate pulled away laughing.

Tawa's daughter opened up the door for her Mrs Peters to enter then she went into the room to inform her mother they had a visitor in the living room.

"Mummy Ebun" she called out and Mrs Peters who was now sitting on a three seater couch turned back at her. "Good morning" she greeted and Tawa smiled, her smile got wider when she felt Ebun's presence.

"Good morning. How are you?" Tawa replied, "I'm fine, and you?"

Tawa walked towards her voice, then she sat on the chair smiling at her as though she could see her. "I see you state, I see you confusion, I see your percerverance, I see your sorrow in the midst of it. You're trying to be strong and I commend you for it"