💖Chapter 27💖

Chapter 27

Thursday.......

In Makin's sitting room, the groomsmen and bridesmaids who were at the left and right hand side respectively stood behind the bride and groom dancing to Ric Hassani's 'Believe' which was specifically chosen by Makin to suit   Nike's taste in music.

Fortunate's gaze fell on Mide with his strict moves then she withheld her laughter, apparently she wasn't the only one who noticed the stiffness, the choreographer who sat at the corner of the room shook her head letting out a frustrating sigh.  "Stop!" She yelled now rising up from the chair.

  "I know I was the one that ruined it. I'm horrible!" Nike answered and Makin dragged her closely. "Suga you were perfect" he answered kissing her on the lips, "She was horrible! Don't encourage her! She was horrible!" The choreographer answered and they both laughed into each other's mouth.

"Not as horrible as Mide was. The bald old man was the one ruining it with his church dance"  Fortunate answered dancing the same way he did and everyone laughed.

Mide laughed, "That's a lie"

"Look at this one! I was even worried you'll break"

"Fortunate if i catch you"

"I'll like to see you catch me, oldman"  she answered running away and he ran after her.  "You don't even know where you're going to!" Jimmy yelled while Durojaiye watched the both of them.

"Orji you hear say Nike wan marry?" Mama Orji asked, "Yes I did, it was announced on the alumni WhatsApp group chat"  "Are you coming?" She asked, "Why should I come?"

"Nike was the head girl along side you now. I thought you would want to"

"So I'm supposed to leave Enugu for what? A wedding of a lady I haven't spoken to for years." He laughed, "Mama, you can be funny oh"

"You have returned back to the way you were before"

"Mama I have a board meeting to be catch up with. I'll call you back"

Friday.......

Fortunate entered into Mide's car and he immediately stopped Ric Hassani's Believe that were blasting from his speakers. "Why did you stop it?" She asked and he gave a stupid look as though he had no idea what she was talking about. "Wasn't that the song we rehearsed?"

"It is"

"Were you having your personal rehearsals?" She asked and he shook his head, he was beginning to feel uncomfortable cause he knew what would come in next. Fortunate was definitely going to mock the life out of him! He had to prepare his mind in advance for any mockery.

"No." He answered,  "Lies!" She tickled him under the arm and he chuckled then he managed to put up a straight face. "Okay fine! I was  listening to the song. Stop it! Don't tickle me!" he pushed her hands away and she let out a small laughter.

"And you weren't busting moves shea?"

"Can we move on?"

"You are no fun! So what do we talk about today? Let's talk about Tokunbo"

"Please Fortunate, can we not?"

"You have to face it! As soon as you can start conversation about this issues as casually as possible, the sooner you forget! Soon someone will ask you, How far that your girlfriend way you be wan marry? And you'll be like, 'Hmm, she pass on oh' without much hurt or when they'll ask you, How far Tokunbo, you'll say she dey her own, e be like say she done marry now sef. You don't have to avoid hearing her name. It only shows you're still hurt by her betrayal. It's been years move on! All these bad energy, it's not good for you"