💖 Chapter 20💖

Chapter 20

It was Fortunate's first time seeing Mide since she last paid him a visit at his house. She hissed within, as he approached; this one has come again, before you know it, he'll be forming and making someone behave like a child.

Look at his head sef!  She hissed within again. It's as if he has scraped it all oh, she thought to herself,  she had to retrain herself from laughing out loud.

Thank God he also trimmed his beard, now he looks like human being. Eh en, at least he looks neat now! her eyes wandered to his white shirt which sleeves were folded.

Mide halted on seeing her then he touched his forehead and shut his eyes, Ohoooh he groaned in disappointment. What is this one doing here? No wonder I was hearing noises; now she will start with all her wahala.

Mide hissed out loud, he knew he would need painkillers for the incoming headache. He sighed then walked towards her.

Why is this one hissing now? Abi I'm the one that should be hissing! Fortunate thought within after she noticed him hiss.

"Welcome Sir" Fiji greeted him as he got close, "I heard noises from afar, is everything okay?" he asked and Fiji shrugged. "Yes Sir... Just that this woman complained about the sound as a result of the demolition because they have an ongoing program at this event ground close to this place."

Mide turned towards Fortunate with one of his brow arced,  "It's rather too late don't you think? You could have filed for permission"

"What is this one saying?" Fortunate snapped,  "Ogbeni, na the boss you dey call this one" Lukemon asked a thick husky voice.

"Heys! Lukemon abi wetin your name be, respect yourself. You don dey annoy me, wo bi, I no get your time. If you want make we enter the same sokoto, we go enter" she used a downtown tone too and Mide scoffed with a look that Fortunate interpreted to be, 'Hm, regular Keke driver moral'

"Lukemon leave us alone" Mide demanded and Lukemon grinned.
"Alaye! I'm loyal" he did a small salute before leaving.  

"See as her head be"

"Iru radarada wo leleyii? Leyin gbogbo iranu yi, ni igbeyin gbogbo owo re ni o ti má na lori siga ati kparaga! (What kind of rubbish is my eyes seeing like this? At the end all your money will be spent on cigarette and Kpagara!) Futureless somebody!"

Mide glanced at her then he scoffed again without saying a word.

"Stop giving me that look" Fortunate snapped,  "What look?"

"The whole, she's acting like a rogue Keke driver look"

"You've always been rogue I'm not surprised. You can't even respect the your dressing, at least respect the suit"  he commented and she hissed.

"It's not suit,  it's called blazers and the only reason I'm keeping quiet here is because you're the...." She trailed off and Mide almost laughed. He tried masking the feeling under a straight face.

"I'm the what?" He asked and she raised an index finger up at him. "The.... The...." She brushed her hands through her hair, "Project supervisor"  she managed to call out. 

"Was that so hard"

Fiji looked at the both of them then he excused himself.

"Can we just cut to the chase. We're wasting time"

"What's the situation?" He asked and she blinked her eyes at him then she glanced at Fiji who was now talking to another worker.

"That man there already explained it to you" she pointed at him, "I didn't quite understand"