💖 Chapter 30💖

Chapter 30

Mrs Sharon sighted her sister coming out of the room dressed in he same lace she wore but on a different style. "Sister Mi" Mrs Sharon called out, and Mrs Akintoye scoffed afterwards Mrs Sharon pouted like a little baby. "Sister mi, I thought I already apologized to you. You're still angry" "Don't even bother me Sharon. I'm heading to the church"

"I know I'm a piece of work and I lack respect, a lot. I'm really sorry for saying those things to you" she apologized and Mrs Akintoye faced her.

"Are you?"

"I am, I really am"

"Please forgive me. If you can find it in your heart to forgive me"

"I don't think it's me you need to apologize to, I already told you but I don't think you have it in you to apologize to that poor girl"

"I already apologized to her." She answered to Mrs Akintoye's surprise. "Can you believe Damilola is dating a shoe Maker. It's like I offended someone somewhere." She rolled her eyes. "To think she has been hiding the relationship for three years because I'm such a horrible mother. Sister mi, for the first in years, I finally realize my wrong and you're right, I'm really tired of going to people's naming ceremony. I want to invite people to mine, I really want to be a grandmother even though my plan wasn't with Nike. I just have to manage her, it's still my blood" she answered and Mrs Akintoye laughed.

"What the hell happened in that cabin? It's like you met Jesus and repented" "I met a crazy woman and I repented. Don't tell her I called her crazy, that woman scares the hell out of me" she replied and they both laughed.

Two buses stopped by the Methodist church. One by one, Nike's family member got out. Mummy Nike's and her husband's eyes scattered in search for their daughter. She peered into every car she came across maybe she could even find the car belonging to the bride or even the groom.  "Wọ yii ti de ibi (They are not yet here" Funke tried to calm her mother who wished she had been here earlier if not for her relatives who had to delay her.

If not for the hate Mrs Sharon felt towards her and her family, she would have preferred to sleep over at the lodge.
Mummy Nike couldn't help but complained bitterly.

Mama Orji held her husband's hands  as her eyes scattered in search of Fortunate. "These new generation brides will always come late" she complained. "Remember our wedding day? I started without my Chief bridesmaid" she reminded him and he laughed.

"I just hope there won't be any need for dram today" He whispered and his wife laughed.

"I hope so too but if they want war, Dubem, I'll give them war"

Mummy Nike, her husband and Funke stepped into the church.
Mama Orji and Papa Orji stepped into the church too along with other relatives. The heavy inspection at the gate by the ushers who gave scarf to those without one or those with loosed head tie. This took Mama Orji down memory lane as she started recounting a story to her husband.

Gbemi whispered into Mrs Sharon's ear where she sat, "The chef are on their way sha" "Shey everything is ready? I don't want complains from anyone, if you need money, go and meet the the Chef, afterall, I paid for perfection."

"She said I should meet you first"

"Gbemi! Ah! would you stop whispering into my ears, are you a mosquito? Your breath is not even fresh. Just do everything you feel is necessary. I don't want complains from my guest"

"Okay Ma" she turned back seeing Mama Orji, "Sorry Ma but that woman is here oh" she whispered and Mrs Sharon turned back at them then she let out a deep sigh rising from her seat.