💖Chapter 15💖

Chapter 15

Saturday

Family and friends gathered around the the Dr. Peter's family house where Ebun was being buried. They were all dressed in black except a few who wore native clothing.
Mrs Peters wailed as she watched her daughter been put into the six feet into ground.  Mama Orji held her by the waist, "Mummy Ebun, take heart ehn?" She consoled her, she soon began crying.

It took her down memory lane when she lost her five years old son just when she was pregnant with Chidera. Losing a child was not something she'll wished even upon her worst enemy

"Look at me that I'm even telling someone to take heart, if this kind of thing happens to me will I take heart? In fact I'll slap the first person that tells me to take heart" she fell to the floor and Fortunate wiped the tears from her face with a white handkerchief then she stared at her mom who was crying even more than Mrs Peters.

Then her eyes scattered around in search of Mide but he was nowhere to be found.

"She's just a small girl oh," Mama Orji faced some strange  women. "She age with my daughter" she continued and Dera lowered her head at her.

"Mama what are you doing? You're crying more than the deceased, it's people that cry the most that are usually responsible for the death of a victim. People will begin to think you're responsible for her death" Dera whispered and her mother glared at her then she resumed crying.

Lady Adebimpe, clad in a black gown with a black feather boa wrapped around her neck, looked over at Mama Orji then she shrugged wondering why the woman was mourning even more than Mrs Peters. She scoffed then she looked away.

Kike glared angrily at Fortunate, her mind raced back two days ago after she was informed of Ebun's death.

Two days ago

"I came the moment I heard about the news" she said to Lady Adebimpe who had a sad look plastered against her face. "I'm so unhappy my dear, my eyes are full of tears." "I'm sorry Ma. Where's Mide?"

"In his room, after our argument, he just retired to his room and hasn't come out since. He hasn't even had breakfast!"

"What argument?" She asked and Lady Adebimpe let out a loud sigh. "Is it not your friend what's that her name again? Ebun apparently choose her to marry Mide"

"What?"

Now

Back at the burial, Kike's angry eyes still lingered on Fortunate. Thoughts ran through her mind, she wondered why Fortunate still chose to stay till that very moment.
Or perhaps, maybe she had ulterior motives or could she be giving Ebun's idea a thought?  She dares not!

She rolled her eyes, she felt like pushing Fortunate into the grave to be buried along side Ebun. She mopped the tears off her eyes with an hankerchief and Charlotte glanced at her, she almost scoffed at the crocodile tears that poured down her eyes.

Who was she fooling with the stupid crocodile tears?

If only she could open Kike's heart to make everyone know who she truly was. Her tears was enough to deceive anyone but not her. She already knew what she needed to know already.

Two days ago

"She's fake, she's not right for Mide. Promise me you'll do all in your power to separate them" Ebun warned, "I promise"  Charlotte answered in tears, she wished Ebun could stay a day or two days more.