💖Chapter 10💖

Chapter 10

Despite Dr. Peter's self- restraint, he had no choice but to drive back to Lagos that morning. He left on the condition that he would be informed of any news pertaining to Ebun's health.

Mide was carried away in his own thought while having a conversation with Ebun. He made a promise to Dr. Peters to protect Ebun. He thought of the possibilities of keeping her safe and he hence started entertaining doubts. Not like he wanted to, but they kept coming anyways; the reality of what could actually happen moments from now.

What if Ebun goes through a seizure that may finally end her life? What will become of him?

"Don't you think so?" Ebun's question brought him back to reality and he cleared his throat.
"What?" He asked and Ebun pushed his forehead backwards with her finger.

"So I've been talking to myself all along"

"I'm sorry. I'm really really sorry, I was out of it for a moment." He held her hands forcing a smile.

"What were you saying?"

I can't repeat myself all over again" she laughed and Mide apologized once again.

"It's okay. I'm hungry" Ebun announced and her mother rose up from her seat.  "What do you want to eat?" "Eko and Moimoi, I don't know why I have that kind of craving. I hope it's fine by you Mom"

"I'll go get it" Mide rose up, he could use a snack or a real food too but Ebun shook her head. She didn't want him to leave.

"I want to talk to dear"  she held his hands and Mrs Peter left with her handbag. She knew it was an excuse to be alone with Mide.

"Hey My love, how are... Sorry, are you okay?" He rephrased and Ebun chuckled.

"I know you're worried. I can read it in your face."

"Ebun"

"I understand. The dream you wanted to know about saw my little self and a whole lot of story unfold before me and I realized I was seeing my past life and the drums"

"Do you still hear it?"

"For now I can't. It's the same cycle. The same pain and the death, the seizure, I am dying slowly and it's not nice"

"Are you feeling pains anywhere?"

"Not one you should be worried about" she lied.

She didn't want Mide getting too worried. She was currently feeling body pains, her hand muscles felt so heavy even lifting her hand was a difficult task for her that afternoon.

Who would believe she felt a lot better when she woke in the morning?

"I'm hungry Ebun and i could use a little food. There's a restaurant in the hospital, I promise I won't be gone for too long"

"You can go"

"But I really don't want to leave you alone"

"It's okay"

"Do you want anything?"

"I'll wait for the Eko and Moimoi" she answered and Mide kissed her on the lips and Ebun gave a gentle nod.

Immediately Mide walked out of the door, she closed her eyes in pain. The drums rolled and she opened her eyes widely immediately falling into a trance. She found herself in the spirit world and she slowly walked towards the sound of the drums and Abiku smiled at her.

"Are you ready now?"

"No."

"You came yourself."